CK creating bookshelves

BannerFigurezZz

So I, like many, started playing around and doing tutorials with the creation kit.

I made a small mod so far and I am busy making one with a brand new house.

So I encountered a small issue, I do not know how to create displayable bookschelves.

I checked the tutorials, I tried copying the standard ones and tried recreating them, but to no succes.

So could someone please explain me hoe to create bookshelves?

I'm working on the same problem, but with mannequins. I know I need to add an activator but can't quite get there. You might try opening something like the Dovakhiin Hideout and looking at how the bookshelves are set up there and reverse engineer it. Sorry I wasn't more helpful

I'm working on the same problem, but with mannequins. I know I need to add an activator but can't quite get there. You might try opening something like the Dovakhiin Hideout and looking at how the bookshelves are set up there and reverse engineer it. Sorry I wasn't more helpful

I did that with the Proudspire Manor, but it had a activator area on, which I cannot seem to get right

could you post how to get the manniquins working if you get them to work?

I tried a long time but since I made about 1mod before this I am not particulary handy with this

Well, I did get the mannequins working finally. My typing it out really wouldn't be of any help, and I don't really have time to do it anyway. I haven't really had a chance to look into the bookcases yet, but the idea should be the same. I encourage you to open up a cell with a bookcase, then go through each element and select to edit it. Copy down each tab's selections, and then use those settings on yours. You can even copy and paste objects from one cell to another, which can be helpful as well. If I do get a chance here soon I'll record a video.

Well, I did get the mannequins working finally. My typing it out really wouldn't be of any help, and I don't really have time to do it anyway. I haven't really had a chance to look into the bookcases yet, but the idea should be the same. I encourage you to open up a cell with a bookcase, then go through each element and select to edit it. Copy down each tab's selections, and then use those settings on yours. You can even copy and paste objects from one cell to another, which can be helpful as well. If I do get a chance here soon I'll record a video.

Thanks will try stuff like that, have some time now and my house is really getting together, so expected soon.

only problem is with roofs (really Bethesda why y u no make ze better roofs?)

succes and thanks

also anyone who knows, pleae write it in this topic, is would save people a lot of time (I am not saying I am lazy, I am just not experienced with modding)

There are probably scripts attached to each of the bookshelves and inorder for them to work they need a Unique Ref ID.

Try Copying a Bookshelf and any volumes that might be used to represent the differnt shelves, paste in new location. Give each a unique ref id and see if the Volumes need to be linked to the bookcase or vice versa.

Best way to do it, is called Reversed, engineer. first create your copy to look like the original, then create a copy of the script swaping out unique IDS.

If the shelves are like the mannequins and weapon racks (and I think they are) then you need the case itself, an activator for each shelf, and an xmarker (can be placed anywhere, usually with others outside the structure). The xmarker from what I can tell lets linked object know when to spawn. Otherwise, I guess everything in a cell would render simultaneously and cause problems. My explanations may be incorrect but I think those are the needed objects. Once you have one working one, you can select the shelf and activator and duplicate them easily.