HELP CREATING FOLLOWERS WITH THE CK PLEASE.

louis118

So i'm trying to create a new follower with the ck. But im new to this and can't find a tutorial on it. So can anyone please give me some advice on what i should be doing?

i tried creating a new character but they don't have the right dialogue and stuff. So i tried using j'zargo as a template but that didnt go well either is there something specific i need to do to make them followers? Any help and advice would be appreciated, thank you.

All dialogue in Skyrim is handled by quests. These lie in the Object window under Character/Quest.

If you wanted to make a new hireling you would have to link the new NPC to the quest HirelingQuest.

To do that, you open up the quest, and open the DialogueViews tab. In the left panel, click HirelingQuestView,

and an orange square titled "HirelingQuestTopic1: Consider yourself hired" appears. Double click the topic, and up comes the Topic window.

Here are the strings of text that a hireling can say, and the conditions for them to be able to say what you want them to say.

Every string to hire one of them is specific to the existing hireling character, which means that you would have to copy one of them, and modify the conditions to correspond to your new NPC.

Make sure that the custom character belongs to the Current- and PotentialHireling/Follower first though, with a -1 modifier on both of the "current".

The standard follower dialogue should then be automatic, as the NPC joins the CurrentFollower faction.

Hopefully after that the new NPC should be up for hire in-game. "Hopefully", because I haven't got any dialogue to work for any custom NPC, even custom dialogue that's NPC-specific.

I'm more interested in making him follow me by default, without any need of in-game actions. I managed to duplicate a housecarl and all, but can't make him follow me by default or tell him to follow me...

how did you duplicate a housecarl? i am trying to make my own follower and havent found any tutorials on this.