HELP CREATING FOLLOWERS WITH THE CK PLEASE.

louis118

Just go to the actors list, find the housecarl, right-click and duplicate. I haven't found a way to spawn him but <.< i have to use console to spawn him

To Spawn your npc, open up the Rendering window to the place you want him so spawn (e.g. The Bannered Mare) and drag <your npc's name> from the object window into the rendering window. From there you can move him around using the right and left mouse clicks, while using shift and middle mouse to angle the camera. Hope this helps.

I also have an issue that some windows go offscreen.....so i can't press ok or anything at the bottom...which totally makes the ck unusable at some parts...

Yup, I have the same problem. Though I found some way around.

If you make the taskbar invisible or hiding or something you can use the CK without any problems.

Another solution is that you press the enter button and hope that it accepts your work - it usually does.

I hope it helps and sorry for my poor English.

Just go to the actors list, find the housecarl, right-click and duplicate. I haven't found a way to spawn him but <.< i have to use console to spawn him

To Spawn your npc, open up the Rendering window to the place you want him so spawn (e.g. The Bannered Mare) and drag <your npc's name> from the object window into the rendering window. From there you can move him around using the right and left mouse clicks, while using shift and middle mouse to angle the camera. Hope this helps.

That doesn't work with a custom NPC. once you change his name to a custom name it just tells you there is no nif file for that name and he doesn't appear...which is stupid since the CK itself is creating those file in it but is not generating them...and if you don't rename him and just keep the duplicate name it works with custom appearance....

I made a duplicate of Agrid the bulwark (markart housecarl) and placed hm in bannered mare with changed appearance. He works and can be hired....however...change his name and he doesn't appear....totally stupid....

I'm quite disappointed at how unfriendly the CK is towards new users.....

I'm also disappointed about the dev team hype about creating new areas but totally ignored the creating new NPCs.....

edit:

Now it's not working with the same duplicate NPC either...awsome.....

Edited by 92DemonKing

Pro Tip: reverse engineering is your friend.

Find Lydia in the game.

Look at her scripts and see why she/how she follows you.

Duplicate these scripts and put them on your new companion.

Pro Tip: reverse engineering is your friend.

Find Lydia in the game.

Look at her scripts and see why she/how she follows you.

Duplicate these scripts and put them on your new companion.

That's exactly what I did..as i said, it worked at first.....but once you change the name it doesn't work anymore....and also CK seems to be bugged and I can't edit my mod file or it won't work if i slightly change his appearance....

edit:

Retried. And again it didn't work. You need to put reference to some quest for them to appear. I also found strange that if i spawn them with console when i have a follower, they have full dialogue, but once i tell my follower to leave, they no longer have the "follow" option....

But since the devs totally ignored character creations, they also made no tutorials on this.

Edited by 92DemonKing

Via xxwarcryxx, I have learned that all you need to do is this:

Factions:

CurrentFollowerFaction -1

PlayerFaction 0

PotentialFollowerFaction 0

Relationships:

Player Ally

This is way way simpler than in the old days. Working so far!

Also, give them some weapons on the inventory tab, or they will only punch things.

Edited by ar13

Via xxwarcryxx, I have learned that all you need to do is this:

Factions:

CurrentFollowerFaction -1

PlayerFaction 0

PotentialFollowerFaction 0

Relationships:

Player Ally

This is way way simpler than in the old days. Working so far!

Also, give them some weapons on the inventory tab, or they will only punch things.

You're kidding me right? Cause that's exactly what i did and:

1) they don't spawn in the location I placed them (they don't spawn at all since i do move to and nothing happens)

2) once spawned with console, if i have a follower they have all dialogue, when i dismiss my follower they have limited dialogue...