HELP CREATING FOLLOWERS WITH THE CK PLEASE.

louis118

I am very *very* new to this also, I created a follower, two of them actually, it was a real PITA. One is a clone of Jordis, who has been renamed and made into a unique NPC, she even has a dog that follows her around. So far she seems to work alright. She does only have the one topic, "Follow me, I need you help" initially, but it seems to work after that.

All I did was copy jordis and start changing her, removed the housecarl factions, the solitude factions, etc... just kept the "follower" factions (currentfollower -1 and potentialfollower 0, also only used the defaultsandbox*512 AI package) and it seemed to work. *edit* I forgot, I also set her relationship with the player to "Ally".

I actually did this pre-CK. The "alternative" tools seem easier to use, but maybe that's just me. :) I left the marriage factions in there but have not tested that yet.

She does suffer from the face/body mismatch bug, but that's ok for now. She is still Nord race, which maybe why it is working... I say that because, I also created a new race "CompanionWolfRace" which is turning into a real real PITA. I cannot get them to use the "DialogFollower" script for the life of me. What I have done is created a script that sort of fakes it and sets all the vars and then the dog will follow you after you click on them, but you have no control (no wait here, etc...). I'm still not quite sure how I got it to even work that well after days of trial and error learning... Now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them to howl like wolves again, I'm searching for some conditions on the wolf sounds but cannot find them.

I think there are big issues if you start creating new races, too many (possibly) hidden conditionals

I hope some of that helps, if not ignore me. :)

Thanks for that. I managed to make a fully working follwer by copying Jordis :) Now that i can see what is needed i`m sure i can start a new follower from scratch.

http://r1de.net/~ride/pics/skyrim/ss98.jpg

Your Welcome Tavone.

Have fun.

I'm now trying to make a really short khajiit now who looks like our cat and is a little black assassin/thief (think of Puss in Boots and you get the idea, he stands about as tall as one of the dogs)

I can't help it. It's just too funny in game, now if I could only get him to jump around like Yoda when he is fighting.... :)

• 2 months later...

So i'm trying to create a new follower with the ck. But im new to this and can't find a tutorial on it. So can anyone please give me some advice on what i should be doing?

i tried creating a new character but they don't have the right dialogue and stuff. So i tried using j'zargo as a template but that didnt go well either is there something specific i need to do to make them followers? Any help and advice would be appreciated, thank you.

OK, here it is, I think your problem lye's in your voice types, only cirtin voices are capable of follower dialogue, like "female even toned" or "male nord" and then you have to add factions in the factions section, copy a faction stack from Sven or some other vanilla follower and delete all but "-1 current follower faction" and "0 potential follower faction" OK , now you must delete all the AI packages and make a new one...right click then hit new.. now name it... and make sure it says "Package" in the box to the right labeled "Package Type" and "Sandbox" in Package Templet just below that, also, switch "Interrupt Override" to "Combat"...OK once that is done look in the "Public Package Data" box and click on the top one labeled "Location" now to the right just above "View" click in the box and another menu will appear, pick the "Near Self" one then OK...now change the radius just below that to 512 or 1024 i always do the 1024 so they can roam and go into taverns and stuff and your done now your NPC follower will do all available animations when you dismiss them and thy will stay wherever you dismiss them and make themselves at home. Well I think I covered everything hope this helps , I'm gonna be watching this thread if you have any other questions.

Factions should look like this...

-1 current follower faction

0 potential follower faction