Wrench = Workbench?

redeyesandlonghair

The vanilla workbench uses a simple script, and would be pretty easy to do by just putting the script on the wrench, though then you could never pick up a wrench again. The issue would come in when someone uses CRAFT, which does stuff with talking activators, and even after looking at it for a while I don't know exactly how it works. It might still work, but I'm not sure and have never cared enough to try.

The original workbench script is just a big long menu script (for message box menus). They never planned on going further than the custom weapons, which was a poor use of what could have been a really cool feature. Especially when they cut out probably the coolest weapon, the Cryolator.

Anyway yes, what you ask should be easy.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I believe the Repair Kit or whatever it is called in FWE (possible from CRAFT) requires a wrench to create, so better not to use actual wrenches.

Though creating an entirely new item, called Repair Wrench, that is actually an armor item that runs the workbench menu from CRAFT when you equip it.......hmmm...

That might work. You can actually though, put it on a Misc item or aid item. I personally dislike mods that add apparel items for menus like that, because I mean hey, it's not an armor, it's a miscellaneous thing, or at best an aid item (aids me in crafting).

That might work. You can actually though, put it on a Misc item or aid item. I personally dislike mods that add apparel items for menus like that, because I mean hey, it's not an armor, it's a miscellaneous thing, or at best an aid item (aids me in crafting).

I can do that with a misc item? well then I'll make it a misc item... now I just have to figure out HOW to do it... and what script to put on there :I