Facegen problem

Lehcar

Seriously, is anyone else having this problem with the CK? It keeps complaining about my various face textures not being 256x256, and tintmasks (lipstick, dirt, etc) are not showing up whenever I try to edit any character in the editor and I'm unable to edit them.

Yeah. Been changing around an npc and I'm finding it very difficult to get the changes to show up in-game....simple stuff like hair type, color, skin tints, eyes...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes some changes come up in-game and others don't. Inventory and spells have worked so far, but appearance has been a problem.

Bethesda is aware of this problem and looking for a solution. There is also a problem with changing skin tones of NPCs. A thread like this was posted on the official forums and a dev responded.

I wanted a blue Argonian but the head would stay green. Two of my NPCs won't have tattoos either.

Hmm. Well, that's good to know. Changes I'm trying to make seem rather arbitrarily accepted by the game/CK/whatever-it-is, and that goes for modifying npc's to making chargen changes. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/turned.gif

Found the answer for how to do this that I found on Bethesda's Forums....

"Here's a technique that helps when modifying an NPC from the base game.

Locate some pre-existing NPC. I chose Hadvar.

Edit the Actor > Character Gen Parts tab. I decided to make a drastic lip color change

Click MaleHeadNord_Lips.dds in the left-sice "Face Tint Layers" list

Click "Select Color" - choose something extreme, like a neon green

Slide "Interpolation Value" all the way to the right (1.0)

Click OK

In the Object Window, find the base Actor you've just edited.

With the Actor(s) selected, press ctrl+F4. Click "Yes" when prompted to export.

This will create a DDS and a TGA in ...\Syrim\data\Textures\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Skyrim.esm

Note: The TGA is not really neccessary, as the DDS should be uncompressed.

With these textures in place, run the game and test your NPC. Note that the plugin changes need not be save."

I did this with Farkas and he came out exactly how I wanted him to!! Go for it!!

Found the answer for how to do this that I found on Bethesda's Forums....

"Here's a technique that helps when modifying an NPC from the base game.

Locate some pre-existing NPC. I chose Hadvar.

Edit the Actor > Character Gen Parts tab. I decided to make a drastic lip color change

Click MaleHeadNord_Lips.dds in the left-sice "Face Tint Layers" list

Click "Select Color" - choose something extreme, like a neon green

Slide "Interpolation Value" all the way to the right (1.0)

Click OK

In the Object Window, find the base Actor you've just edited.

With the Actor(s) selected, press ctrl+F4. Click "Yes" when prompted to export.

This will create a DDS and a TGA in ...\Syrim\data\Textures\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Skyrim.esm

Note: The TGA is not really neccessary, as the DDS should be uncompressed.

With these textures in place, run the game and test your NPC. Note that the plugin changes need not be save."

I did this with Farkas and he came out exactly how I wanted him to!! Go for it!!

Very interesting!

Does the ctrl plus F4 function have another way of activating it that you know of? Some drop-down option or something? I ask because I am using Win 7 on a partition, with a Mac keyboard, and I often have problems with my F1-whatever buttons working like the commands they should in windows.