Can you guys please answer a few questions for me?

bwhitley57

Ok I have a couple questions I would love for some experienced modders to answer or link me to a tutorial/similar forum with a solution/answer.

1. I make a model in Gmax, export as .NIF, then put the .NIF into meshes/mymodname/HERE.nif, then when I try to set an objects model to that in the CK, I get an error_marker? Please help or explain how to do this right!

2. I can't seem to make a new effect like the Sleeping Tree Sap one, does anyone have a tutorial?

3. When I try to do player.additem <FormID from CK> 1 it returns no object defined?

4. How do I make animations in Gmax/Blender?

5. How do I make a sign in-game?

6. How do I script an item so when it is used on another item, it creates and replaces the old item, for example: use red paint on blue sword, deletes red paint and blue sword, but makes red sword?

7. How do I make a script that teleports a player to a specific COC?

8. If I wanted to make an item holdable but not be a weapon and be in the misc. items tab, how would I do so? An example being holding a pipe or flag?

Edited by bwhitley57

To answer your first question, you have to open a copy of an existing Skyrim model with Nifskope and replace it with the one you've made. It's quite a complicated process. I would look up some Nifskope tutorials for Fallout 3 to get in the right direction.