Is this possible?

kingtitan

I wanted to go ahead and post this in the mod talk section to find out if something like this would even be feasible before actually requesting it. I had an idea recently, but I have no idea if it is even possible. What I wanted to do was to have some sort of in game book that contained mugshots (head screens) of various NPCs. I guess in a way it would be similar to the Gray Fox wanted posters, but with a different setup. I was just curious if this was possible and if by chance it was, how to implement it. Preferably I would like to be able to add mugshots to the book in game (like a booking record) but who knows if that is even possible either. Thanks for reading, hopefully you can help!

Well what I had in mind was for the player to be able to cast a scripted spell that, when cast on NPC's, records their face gen info and puts their facial picture (texture) into the book. If that isn't possible, then it isn't really worth worrying about as its functionality would be severely limited. I have a very good friend that is a scripter should I ask him about it? Or, if anyone else has any good scripting knowledge, let me know what your thoughts are on this.

Well what I had in mind was for the player to be able to cast a scripted spell that, when cast on NPC's, records their face gen info and puts their facial picture (texture) into the book. If that isn't possible, then it isn't really worth worrying about as its functionality would be severely limited. I have a very good friend that is a scripter should I ask him about it? Or, if anyone else has any good scripting knowledge, let me know what your thoughts are on this.

There is no way to script that. In order for an image to appear in a book, it has to do so as a texture. When images are taken in game, they are saved as either .BMPs, .JPGs, .PNGs or .GIFs depending on how they were taken. There's no way to script the system to take a screenshot (let alone a specific head shot), resize it so it will fit in a book, add an alpha channel, save the image as a .DDS and then apply it to a book. It's a cool idea, though.

There is no way to script that. In order for an image to appear in a book, it has to do so as a texture. When images are taken in game, they are saved as either .BMPs, .JPGs, .PNGs or .GIFs depending on how they were taken. There's no way to script the system to take a screenshot (let alone a specific head shot), resize it so it will fit in a book, add an alpha channel, save the image as a .DDS and then apply it to a book. It's a cool idea, though.

Haha i thought so too, but its too bad that it can't be done that way. Thanks for the responses though, you guys helped out quite a bit!

Is it possible to add Dragons or put a similar gameplay to oblivion, where unique monsters suddenly appear and a certain music plays? just for the fun of it.

This should be in the Oblivion mod requests friend. Since you are new (for future reference) please refrain from posting random off topic material in incorrect threads. It's called spamming a thread, just wanted to help you out so you don't make the same mistake twice ;)

Is it possible to add Dragons or put a similar gameplay to oblivion, where unique monsters suddenly appear and a certain music plays? just for the fun of it.

This should be in the Oblivion mod requests friend. Since you are new (for future reference) please refrain from posting random off topic material in incorrect threads. It's called spamming a thread, just wanted to help you out so you don't make the same mistake twice ;)

Thanks for the info :)

Thanks for the info :)

Not a problem. Always glad to lend a helping hand!