Mannequin Problems

n8pants

I'm in the process of a Hjerim Basement mod which adds four additional mannequins to the house. Presently two out of the four mannequins work properly. They have the XMarkers and the MannquinActivators (spelled however). Everything is pointing correctly etc etc, but I still have three problems.

1) The mannequins (all) are not posed in the default idle position of the original model. They obtain a pose similar to a standing NPC.

2) Two of the mannequins whose entire setup was copied, crtl-d, from the working two do not show the activate mannequin message.

3) The above, unworking mannequins walk around or move around in the xmarker.

I'd appreciate any help, and frankly I'm sick of troubleshooting. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Do not use the mannequins from the houses. They are linked to an additional XMarker that activates them when the house is bought.

Download this resource from this site -

Modders Resource-Weapon Racks-Bookshelves-Plaques-Mannequins by Eldiabs

When you launch the CK make sure this is loaded as well by double clicking Activators.esp and then load your own mod as usual. This will add the resource room as well. The name is Eldroom (or something similar).

You should then load this room first and duplicate the mannequin, then move it and copy it.

Now load up your own room and paste it inside.

Do not use the mannequins from the houses. They are linked to an additional XMarker that activates them when the house is bought.

Download this resource from this site -

Modders Resource-Weapon Racks-Bookshelves-Plaques-Mannequins by Eldiabs

When you launch the CK make sure this is loaded as well by double clicking Activators.esp and then load your own mod as usual. This will add the resource room as well. The name is Eldroom (or something similar).

You should then load this room first and duplicate the mannequin, then move it and copy it.

Now load up your own room and paste it inside.

I'm not too sure that using items from a pre-made house is an issue, I copy and pasted the entire BookShelf setup from one of the already working bookshelves in the Markarth (Vindrel Hall) House into my custom home, the cell location, or whatever its called, changed to "None" and the bookshelves all work perfectly fine, except the books appear to float about an inch above the shelf instead of looking to be comfortably placed.

I'm not too sure that using items from a pre-made house is an issue, I copy and pasted the entire BookShelf setup from one of the already working bookshelves in the Markarth (Vindrel Hall) House into my custom home, the cell location, or whatever its called, changed to "None" and the bookshelves all work perfectly fine, except the books appear to float about an inch above the shelf instead of looking to be comfortably placed.

I'm not saying that this is the problem, all im saying is it can be a problem, as this thread and many others like it show.

Booksheves work a little bit different. Nothing is linked to the actual bookshelf. In fact, you can make a bookshelf without having an actual bookshelf there. They are just made with dummy book markers, collision markers, an activator and a trigger. Although, it does look a bit stupid having nicely laid out books floating in mid air. :biggrin:

In your case, just move the front yellow marker out of the way. Then select the yellow marker below your problem shelf and move it down a bit. You might have to scale the y axis a bit to make it narrower, so that it doesn't interfere with the books below. Move the front marker back into position and save. That will fix it.