Alternate Starting Factions, I need ideas

Volek

Hello,

I am currently updating my pre-CK mod "Alternate Starting Factions", and i'd like to have some feedback/ideas about what could be added or changed.

edit: LINK TO THE MOD /edit

The mod skips the whole execution scene and the Helgen Keep dungeon. You will start in an alternate location, with faction-related equipment and spells.

The old version required the user to edit their skyrim.ini. In the new upcoming versions, that's no longer necessary, just install the esp of your choice and you're good. An optional file will disable the main quest.

edit: as of v1.2, i included some dialogue scripts that make other factions members follow you around. /edit

These are my current starting factions and their locations:

Thalmor - Northwatch Keep

Bandits - Fort Hraggstad

Silver Hands - Gallows Rock

Necromancer - Fort Snowhawk

Witch - Witchmist Grove

Forsworn - Druadach Redoubt Cave

edit:

The following have already been suggested and are in the making:

- Hunter (with permanent dog follower if possible)

- Vigilant of Stendarr

/edit

Now i need some input from other players (that's you!)

- Tell me what could be done with the starting locations.

- Are there any other factions that i should add to this mod?

- Also, i need some info on faction relations. For example Thalmor are enemies of Stormcloaks, Silver Hands are enemies of the Companions, Bandits are enemies of Guards. Any ideas about the other factions?

Edited by Volek

Thief - Start in the ratway (if possible with the thieves guild quest set to the first actual one of clearing it

Hunter - either at hunter's rest? ( i forget the actual name) or a random shack in the woods/river bank

Vigilant of Stendarr as above

Immigrant - solitude docks - start with no money or maybe a lot of money it would depend on if you would add others options such as rich, poor, noble etc.

Bard - any random inn (the mare for simplicity of being in whiterun? probably the most useful, though the winking skeever does have the best name...) given a flute and a few gold

Vampire - start with vampirism, i dont remember where they are found naturally

i cant think of anymore

thanks, very nice ideas so far. Where would the Vigilantes of Stendarr start? Maybe in a temple?

btw, already updated Thalmor and Bandit, other factions will follow soon.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4483

edit: I think it is possible to have certain quests already started when beginning a new game, just requires a new line in the script.

So another question is, what quests would be good starting quests for the different starts?

Edited by Volek

• 2 weeks later...

I have three ideas;

1) A hunter, although its already been done going by your current mods yours would be superior, maybe change starting skills as well, while giving the character a shack and maybe a dog.

2) A noble ( rich ) with a companion ( bodyguard ) maybe start in a home e.g river wood lakehouse 1.3, for example he could start with a lot of gold and some armour and weapons and decides to return to battle after retiring to fight the dragons or something.

3) A (rich) merchant same as above.

Hmm, Mythic Dawn sounds good, but i haven't met those guys in-game yet so it'll have to wait.

A noble with a bodyguard is a good idea.

I updated a few plugins, now it's possible to trade loot at your homebase, and have any faction member following you (works like vanilla followers)