How much did Amalur steal from Skyrim/Oblivion exactly?

Feanoro

please stop comparing games

if bethesda made a roastbeef and someone else made something slightly similar to a roastbeef everyone will start screaming like mads about stolen intellectual property

roastbeef is something old, you can modify it but it's still roastbeef

never gonna pay for koa since i like the way skyrim is moddable and i think it will keep me occupied for a lot but keep in mind that bethesda has not invented anything new, there were rpg before bethesda and probably even after, bethesda simply put togheter some lore taken from old legends and made it a new lore

i'm not gonna scream if i see some other game with a bow, an axe or sword and magic in it

loading screen in big city? it's quite easy to explain, little city have a dozen npc at best like ivarstead, very little scripting so it's quite light, whiterun instead is heavy so bethesda moved it in another cell, so we have a separate world from whiterun and you don't have to load both of them at the same time

koa made the same, is it a feature taken from skyrim, probably yes, bethesda invented this trick, hell no

please stop comparing games

if bethesda made a roastbeef and someone else made something slightly similar to a roastbeef everyone will start screaming like mads about stolen intellectual property

roastbeef is something old, you can modify it but it's still roastbeef

never gonna pay for koa since i like the way skyrim is moddable and i think it will keep me occupied for a lot but keep in mind that bethesda has not invented anything new, there were rpg before bethesda and probably even after, bethesda simply put togheter some lore taken from old legends and made it a new lore

i'm not gonna scream if i see some other game with a bow, an axe or sword and magic in it

loading screen in big city? it's quite easy to explain, little city have a dozen npc at best like ivarstead, very little scripting so it's quite light, whiterun instead is heavy so bethesda moved it in another cell, so we have a separate world from whiterun and you don't have to load both of them at the same time

koa made the same, is it a feature taken from skyrim, probably yes, bethesda invented this trick, hell no

Exactly! Omg RoastBEEF!?!?!? Wait!! MCDONALDS makes burgers!!! BURGER KING STOLE THERE IDEA!!! WAIT NO nOw DAIRY QUEEN WDF!?!? SO STOLEN. idiots period whoever says stolen

From what I've seen of the demo this game has nothing in common with skyrim except for being a rpg and being an open world.

If you had to compare it with something it would obviously be the fable games, because of the graphical aspect and the "one button for one weapon" simplified combat style.

Other than that I found the demo pretty awful. The graphics are meh, the menus are just painful (even in comparison with skyrim's), the dialogues aren't really interesting, it's really hard to control the character with the mouse, low character customization etc. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Edited by MisterGibson

The combat is fantastic. But the lacks motivation to keep playing.

It just motivates me to find cheat codes, unlock the end-game content, use it on some guys then move on to a real game.

Without real storyline moving me through the game, I have no reason not to skip, cheat, etc.

Not suggesting anything illegal, just to be clear here.

Apparently taking common RPG elements and RPG graphic styles instantly means you are stealing from TES now.

From what I've seen of the demo this game has nothing in common with skyrim except for being a rpg and being an open world.

This.

As some ppl said before, making an RPG != stealing from Skyrim. And OP, dont say that you're not accusing anyone, "how much did amalur steal from skyrim" is implying that is a fact that they "stole" something.

The first thing that it came to my mind was WoW and Dragon Age. The game is supposedly an intro to the MMORPG game they're developing. Not even the general idea is similar to TES.

Hell, how you even suppose they would design alchemy in any other way that didnt involve gathering ingredients from plants and stuff? Its alchemy! What do you expect? lol

Edited by eltucu