SiniVII

BugDumplog:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 32, in <module>

File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 92, in load_module

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 40, in <module>

File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 292, in <module>

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe5 in position 15: ordinal not in range(128)

I checked the Wrye Bash Documentation for "If it won't start", but it says nothing of this issue.

Help would be massively appreciated.

Same problem. Seems like i fixed it by starting WryeBash from the command line, and with the arguments "-L English".

D:\Spill\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Mopy>"Wrye Bash.exe" -L English

BugDumplog:

File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 32, in <module>

File "bash\bash.pyo", line 40, in <module>

File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 292, in <module>

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe5 in position 15: ordinal not in range(128)

I checked the Wrye Bash Documentation for "If it won't start", but it says nothing of this issue.

Help would be massively appreciated.

Wyre Bash - Unicode Decode error

Oblivion Works / Bugs / #182 Unable to launch Wrye Bash (Unicode error)

This should be fixed with r2586, but we need someone to test it that's actually getting the error, as it's a locale-specific bug, and I can't seem to trigger it by changing windows settings.

Same problem. Seems like i fixed it by starting WryeBash from the command line, and with the arguments "-L English".

D:\Spill\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Mopy>"Wrye Bash.exe" -L English

[RELz] Wrye Bash - Thread #24 post #125

bluesky: I'll try, but whenever I try to reproduce this error, it doesn't give me problems. I had mentioned earlier that it *may* be a Standalone problem (with how it's built) if the error is showing up in only the Standalone build. This is because the library needed to access the user profile info in unicode mode is pywin32, which also has some very big issues being included in the Standalone version correctly. I know *most* of it at least is getting included, because the program does run, but it could be missing one of the file needed to get the user profile correctly. As such, Bash would fall back to a backup method, but unfortunately, that method doesn't return unicode, it returns encoded data. A mess to say the least.

I know I've tried before by changing my username to something with russian characters in it, and Bash had no problem finding my data. I'll try again, but I think it's a Standalone problem like I said, so it may take quite a while to overcome, simply because it's really hard to get the Standalone to include all of pywin32's stuff.

Edit: As a temporary solution, I'd recommend having them switch to the Python build. It should alleviate their problems until I can figure it out.

Edit 2: Ok, just confirmed it's definitely a Standalone problem. Somewhere in the build process those sneaky pywin32 files aren't all getting included. You and anyone else experiencing this issue an swap to the Python build and everything should work right.

Now to beat py2exe into shape, make it do its job right (which will be tricky, since I'm running x64 Python...py2exe isn't quite as capable on x64. Should still do the job though).

Edited by Lojack, 12 November 2012 - 12:12 PM.

A lot of stuff above... The only new info I see is that if the version of Python you have installed is building the moduals improperly then you can have this problem? a complete reinstall of the Mopy folder and making sure to use the latest version of Wrye Python 08

Wrye Bash - Skyrim Modding - Dark Creations

You'd want to install Wrye Python 8 (which I didn't even know we had yet) and then follow the instructions in the OP on the official Wrye Bash thread to download and use the SVN version.

Edited by Apprentice Harper

• 2 months later...

Just in case someone comes across this while googling their problem: Make a shortcut to your Wrye Bash exe file, then edit its properties to add " -L English" to the target property (without the quotes), so it'll say something like "C:\Path\To\Wrye Bash\Wrye Bash.exe" -L English

It worked for me, using the standalone executable at least. Quick and painless fix.

• 11 months later...

I'm also having an issue where Wrye bash isn't starting, the window pops up and then just vanishes. This is what I get when I run in debug:

Edit: After reinstalling I'm getting a new error now:

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 304.3
Python version: 2.7.3
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
Searching for game to manage:
bush.py 80 detectGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py 82 detectGames: skyrim: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.py 94 detectGames: Detecting games via relative path and the -o argument:
bush.py 100 detectGames: skyrim: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
bush.py 143 setGame: No preferred game specified.
bush.py 150 setGame: Using skyrim game: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
testing UAC
bosh.py 6550 __init__: Using libbsa API version: 2.0.0
bosh.py 6556 __init__: Using libloadorder API version: 3.0.1
bosh.py 6562 __init__: Using BOSS API version: 2.1.0
File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 91, in <module>
bash.main()
File "bash\bash.py", line 631, in main
app.Init()
File "bash\basher.py", line 7221, in Init
self.InitData(progress)
File "bash\basher.py", line 7253, in InitData
bosh.modInfos.refresh(doAutoGroup=True)
File "bash\bosh.py", line 5329, in refresh
hasMissingStrings = self.refreshMissingStrings()
File "bash\bosh.py", line 5357, in refreshMissingStrings
if self.data[fileName].isMissingStrings():
File "bash\bosh.py", line 4506, in isMissingStrings
return modInfos.isMissingStrings(self.name)
File "bash\bosh.py", line 5982, in isMissingStrings
language = oblivionIni.getSetting(u'General',u'sLanguage',u'English')
File "bash\bosh.py", line 3125, in getSetting
ini_settings,deleted_settings = self.getSettings()
File "bash\bosh.py", line 3133, in getSettings
return self.getTweakFileSettings(self.path,True)
File "bash\bosh.py", line 3161, in getTweakFileSettings
line = unicode(line,'cp1252')
File "C:\Python27\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 15, in decode
return codecs.charmap_decode(input,errors,decoding_table)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8f in position 72: character maps to <undefined>
Edited by Shinanto