Featured Item inspection menu preview image scaling

I’ve created a custom magazine set up as a Book for players to pick up in the world and have it set as a Featured Item so the inspect menu opens allowing closer inspection/rotation of the item before it is added to the player’s inventory...what happens when you pick up a magazine or Legendary Item.

When the item is picked up, the Featured Item preview in the inspection window is rendering at a much larger than normal size requiring me to scroll out in order to try and scale it down. When the menu opens, there is no image at all until I scroll out, then it scales down to where I can see it. It will not scale down enough to fit properly into the window.

I have the Inventory Art set to the same Interface\ComicsAndMagazines\ComicHighRes01.nif mesh as all the other magazines with a custom material swap to my own texture file. The texture file is based off the same high res artwork of the HighPoly models of the magazines used for the inspect menu image saved out to the same 1024x1024 dimensions.

I must be missing a step in setting up the preview, or does anyone know if there something special about saving out the DDS file for the preview I may have overlooked that is causing it to render so overscaled?

SOLVED: I was attaching the script for my magazine directly to the in-world reference. I went back and added it as a fragment attached to a quest just like the vanilla magazines, and BAM...the preview image scales properly. So, that must be tied to the quest function somehow. Live and learn.