A mod that would make factories actually useful.

igbproductions

When I bought the Contraptions Workshop DLC, I had the hopes that the factories worked by simply having settlers assigned to them, and that you could have them create things like materials such adhesive or manufacture ammo. Kind of a disappointment how little use it actually has. Neat for people like me who enjoy building things, but it seems like a system that could have been more useful.

So here's an idea for a mod:

It adds a new "materials" builder. When hooked to a terminal, this builder allows you to take the rawest form of a material and a few caps, and use them to manufacture a larger junk item. For example, if I put 1 adhesive in and 20 caps, the machine would create a sealed bottle of Wonderglue worth 4 adhesive, effectively multiplying my adhesive for 20 caps a pop.

The amount of caps needed for each material crafting option could be balanced around the value of the item created. Like the sealed Wonderglue costs 20 to manufacture because sealed Wonderglue has a value of 25.

I think this would be a great way to make the DLC useful. Go out and explore, come home with your loot and have all of your materials ready for some robot building. Not to mention that it would give me a reason to actually spend the almost 30,000 caps that I'm never going to spend because of my endless supply of purified water that I use to trade for everything.