WTF SERIOUSLY!

TheDarkPrince

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean...as far as horses go, they took the trouble to design them, put them in the game, make quests involving them or even about them (Frost) but their use is severely handicapped by the fact that you can't hit anything from horseback. Every time I get attacked I have dismount, wait for a dismounting animation that's considerably too long, and then frantically try to save my horse from death (pre-Shadowmere at least I mean). And you get attacked ALL the time when you're running around.

That's it though. Spears? might be fun to look at but they won't seriously impact combat in any way and it's not like we don't have enough weapon styles or power atm.

If you had horse combat you would need to have some kind of anti-horse combat, spears maybe or more likely pikes/halberds.

Dragon mounts would be a significant change, but considering how late in the main story you get Odahviing and how easy it is to survive on the surface most of the time, I think it would be overpowered. Also if you could fly around from place to place instead of walking and exploring the old fashioned way, you might not find as many things (which would be a good reason NOT to put this in from the start). Not to mention the difficulties with physics that all of this would entail. Certainly not easily doable. I mean heck, as far as physics goes, they've had trouble even with implementing a bug-free jumping function, nevermind flying around and possibly aerial combat.

Not to mention that all of the walled cities like Whiterun, Solitude etc. would HAVE to be moved from their own worldspaces and into the Tamriel worldspace to allow you to fly over/into them.

Thats already happening with Open City's, so scratch that one off the list :thumbsup:

Edited by Thor.