Where did all the Dragons go??

Genadine

Yay! I found a dragon last night by the West Watchtower. It was fighting with (of all things) a wild horse but I was able to engage with it and finish the fight, gaining a dragon soul and allowing me to activate a shout I've had sitting there for a bit.

i think either 1.3 or 1.4 messed up a lot of exterior spawn points, or it has for me. i'm having respawn issues across the whole board except for a few roaming encounters. roaming encounters such as thalmor hit squads, imperial or stormcloak 3 man patrols, the lone DB assassins, theif, or "racename" generic hostile dude or dudette, etc.

well before those patches the game was more like ok i have killed me first dragon now im the thane of witheruns yeah man, takes 3 steps outside city walls dragon attack..... killing the dragon takes a cart to random city dragon.... running to rorikstead dragon..... standing inside a city being the awesome dovakiin as i am dragon, and now i havent mentioned the bears wolves spiders that random group of draugers that spawned inside riften killing of half the city (thought that was awesome it makes me wish there was a second option on the wolfqueen quest...

but this youtube vid pretty much summons it all up on how skyrim felt like

now it feel more.. natural imo, since i cant see how the bloody hell 300 dragons can feed of the wildlife and citizens of skyrim wich isnt a very big area, but yes i do feel that there is kinda lack of dragons now but that probably cause im looking for them