Earth- The second Venus?

SubjectProphet

Wow. Look at the anger you just unleashed! That's exactly what I'm talking about! Right there!

THIS CONVERSATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DARWIN, DARWINISM, EVOLUTION, OR RELIGION!

For the record tho, I believe in God, I believe in Evolution, I don't see why there are so many Christians who deny it's existence, use every opportunity to talk about it as if it were a some kind of holy war, and see Darwin as some sort of Antichrist who must be attacked whenever a vague notion of anything related to change is ever introduced. And that is why I dismissed the author of that post's notion. This is nothing specifically to do with my opinion of you, Nintii... merely your quotation's author.

You mentioned a lot of things that were the exact point I was trying to make with my post, you just bulletpointed them and threw them at me as if I were trying to disagree with you somehow. I was pointing out that the language used in that (very giant sized) post, I found somewhat inflamatory. It was trying to defame Darwin and so-called "secular scientists" as if everyone were mistaken somehow, and that it was his fault.

Thirdly, don't use terms like "secular science"

That's my contention exactly. Look at the guy's actual "article" there that you posted. He mentioned it as if there were some kind of true distinction, and I reacted to it exactly as you just reacted to me even mentioning the idea.

I saw, your post showed that you think I was attacking you, when I was merely trying to say the same thing you just said in a less deliniated way. I say that we should get along, as your anger at the same points I was trying to make shows that we are agreeing, not disagreeing.

Anyhow, back on topic? Yes.

Edited by Jeoshua

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why I love forums and what you can walk away from them with... Also bringing two quotes to mind..

"Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making."

John Milton

"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge. "

Elbert Hubbard