New Race: Anubian

SexyVortigaunt

Since this is your thread and you contacted me directly, and it's late; and this is a good idea (and I can't sleep,) I threw together a simple head using Zbrush's included dog model. I have enough problems with my wip Unique Beast Race bodies locking up and crashing Zbrush/Blender/3Dsmax/Nifscope, so finishing this while learning how to work with NIF files - which I hadn't heard of until this game - will be impossible for me. Since everything starts somewhere, though, hopefully you or someone else passing by can take this, edit it, texture it, complete it, etc, and get whatever outcome's desired. There is no texture, no bump/normal map or much of anything else. Realistically, I think the easiest way it could be modded in is as a helmet.

A rough look at the rougher OBJ file. Ignore Zbrush's awkward shadows.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/ZeladisXoi/AnubisPic1.jpg

It looks 'okay' when it meets the body at the neck, but'll need a texture/some one better than I to finish it all the way.

Here's the head in OBJ/pointless MTL format, compressed into a 7z file.

Download ------> http://www.mediafire.com/?zdpuprpd435ub6d

If anyone wants to do anything with this, more power to 'ya.

~Senviro

Senviro: You are a God. Seriously, you should join Anubis there. Thanks a million and a half - This is already further than I expected the thread to go. I'm friggin' happy right now.

On a side note, I'm poking around trying to make the worldspace for Thebes (That would be an Ancient Egyptian city, and before anyone questions that yes, there was also a Thebes in Greece) but the height map editor in the CK is broken beyond belief, so right now it's flat and bland. If anyone can make a height map that is believably desert-y in terms of sand dunes, I would be thankful. Also, it should be known that there needs to be some flat space for the addition of Pyramids which I am working on making, as well as a river, that being the Nile.

Just asking here since I can't do it myself apparently, because every time I use the heightmap editor the CK is like "Nope" crash to desktop.

So if anyone can help in that aspect, it'd be appreciated. Otherwise, headway is being made.

Edited by SexyVortigaunt

• 4 weeks later...