Modding curiousity

I have Fallout 4 on an SSD so my loading times is like 10 seconds. 4 to get ingame, 6 to load the game. Exiting is instantenous.

I can imagine how annoying it can be with lengthy loads, but if you have an HDD, then atleast go into an area that is not performance heavy as they'll load faster.

Hello and welcome to modding in Fallout 4!

(If you love Fallout 4 and really don't like high loading times, buy an SSD. I did the same and it was the best choice. It fixes a lot of issues. Especially when modding, it saves you a lot of time.)

When you start modding, you really want to look into FO4Edit, when you start your first mod. It helps you to get an easy overview over your mod and also allows you to delete stuff, you accidently edited("dirty edits" / unnecessary edits). The creation kit does not delete, if you select delete, it will simply "deactivate" your change. FO4Edit also allows you to mass manipulate stuff, if you know how to script pascal. Can save you a lot of time!(This is for more advanced users, but its possible)

As many said before, start small and also test often. Otherwise you may run into problems and don't know what caused problem X or Y. For example, when you create an interior, create the room and before you add stuff, go into that interior and look for he seams and fix them. After that add clutter and check again, how does it look, is everything placed right, is there clipping etc...

You can also open the console from the Game Menu and type coc YourCellName. This also saves you a lot of time. Its also best, when creating mods, to only load the game with the DLCs. Saves you time and prevents conflicts while creating. Changes you do, may get overwritten by an other mod and you wonder, why it does not work.

Fallout 4 has some "issues" you need to be aware of. If you want to manipulate existing worldspace and cells, you need to know about the pre-combined meshes etc. Thats very important. Can save you a lot of trouble.

If you are searching for something special and you can't find it in the Fallout 4 forums, you can also look in Skyrim threads. I did that a lot, when i was searching something. Fallout 4 and Skyrim are very similiar.