Space core modify

HoneyBearSquish

As far as I know, there's nothing stopping anyone from making a spherical computer-looking eyeball named, say, "Nigel", using original (but distinctly Wheatley-sounding) voice files. You can even say, "Hay guyz check out my Wheatley clone LULZ." What you CAN'T do is use the sounds files from Portal 2 and upload it to the Nexus.

It can look like Wheatley, move like Wheatley, sound like Wheatley.... it just can't BE Wheatley.

If you think about it, it's not only fair, but actually a bit more liberating: Nigel (as I've described) can be better localized to speak to specific situations, Wheatley wouldn't be able to freak out about dragons and draugr and the player shooting lightning out his fingers.

Hm. Now that I've said this, I'd like to have a Nigel.

Well, here's the thing that should help.

Is a model replacer doable? Wheatley's in the BSA, so yes a model replacer is perfectly fine.

The voice files however, are not. That is illegal. Truth be told, considering that Valve has a very, VERY close bond with the modding community, there's a 99% chance that they seriously would not care if this was done. They might even make a blog post and make a few jokes about it. HOWEVER! It is better to err on the side of caution and simply leave the voice files out. One must also remember that it's vol 1. Don't be surprised if we run into Wheatley, the other cores, or even possibly PotaDOS in the following installments.

thanks for all the replies i agree we should just make a texture replacer and our own custom name and voice files that the community makes it will just be a fan project but i think it would be cool also how about the robot body for one that would be hard but awesome