Creation Kit Buggy as Heck

guitar1151

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@aarons6: I also get the "xaudio2_6.dll_unloaded" type of crash, randomly after browsing or editing the sound or music sections in the Creation Kit. It is a fault that occurs when the DirectX audio driver is unloaded from memory. My DirectX is up to date. I updated my sound card drivers last night, but I haven't tested to see if that fixes the problem. My sound card is a Realtek High Definition Audio type.

Edit: updating sound card drivers made no difference.

Edit: with version 1.5 this crash does not happen as frequently, but it still happens now and again.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: CreationKit.exe

Application Version: 1.4.23.0

Application Timestamp: 4f3018ab

Fault Module Name: XAudio2_6.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4b6b0791

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 6f5da480

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Edited by steve40

a vast majority of users here don't have this problem

Is that so?

Look here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1352954-unofficial-creation-kit-modding-bug-list-3/

"The CK often crashes randomly, usually without reason (for example, while being idle or testing mods ingame)."

"Duplicating existing music tracks or creating your own will cause the CK to crash on save."

Edited by steve40

a vast majority of users here don't have this problem

Is that so?

Look here:

http://forums.bethso...ing-bug-list-3/

"The CK often crashes randomly, usually without reason (for example, while being idle or testing mods ingame)."

"Duplicating existing music tracks or creating your own will cause the CK to crash on save."

I am fully aware of this thread over at Bethsoft, and you missed the keyword "here" in my statement.

Also, the entries you reference are not related this DX audio driver unloading issue that 2 or 3 people here have had.

I'll say it again, the vast majority of users here don't have this issue. We just won't know why it's happening to those couple people, plain and simple.

• 1 month later...
Some of the bugs in the CK that were plaguing me have been fixed in v1.5, but I still have some issues. When editing an Actor form, in the Sounds tab, in the Actor Sound Data field, I can get a "Conscious Loop" to work. However, any other sound types that I add (Idle, Attack, Hit etc) won't play at all, I only get the vanilla sounds. I'm having to find ways to do this using scripts instead. Has anyone been able to get these other sound types to work in the Actor form?

• 2 weeks later...
I absolutley hate the CK it crashes all the time and even if everything is correct it only works properly half the time. Ive had objects refuse to stop falling through tables, ive had the very same objects refuse to fall through thin air, ive had actors refuse to follow patrol paths amd i have had an entire arena with the exception of the primitve and two wall sections refuse to render no matter how many times i restarted. And no none of this is my fault because ive done the exact same things in different cells and got different results. I have trouble buying the idea that bethesda actually used this thing to create any part of Skyrim.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Something I've learned the hard way: If you travel between doors in a world space they absolutely cannot cause any of the same cells to be loaded or they don't load correctly. You end up being able to walk off the edge of the 'earth' and die. Edited by Shorya