How do you paint / place grass?

jackalhead

Grass is painted automatically when you paint terrain textures with the landscape editing tool. You can see that there are textures there labeled "nograss", those are the textures that dont paint grass. There seems to be a glitch in the CK right now though. Grass isn't automatically updated when you paint over it or change the landscape shape. It does work in-game though even if it looks unchanged in the CK. Edited by cire992

ah okay. i am making an underground forest connected to a dungeon. not sure how to sculpt terrain in there, but i had laid down some 'dirt' tiles and was trying to figure out how put grass there. i guess i'll have to just use a ton of shrubs. lol

One way to get grass in a indoor cave is to create a "World space". This will give you a landscape to sclupt and use for your underground forest, thus allowing you to paint grass areas.

You'd use the terrain and the indoor cave sets, but let the terrain clip into the cave areas.

You'll have to tweak the settings to make the area uneffected by weather and to run like cave assuming you want the weather/sounds/light to run like a cave.