Help! Frustrating Problem with Modding

warlordmordrid

This may be a really simple fix to this problem and it may already be solved and i just haven't found it yet. Can anyone tell me how you can manipulate menu items such as: in smithing you have menus items for making iron, steel, elven, etc. but how do i make a menu option? Like if i wanted to make silver, or God Items menu on the smithing menus? I've tried to make a silver menu, but it keeps showing up under misc. I want to have a Silver menu.

Also, how do i change look/layout of skill trees/perks. I dont need a tutorial, just where can i start looking to mod it?

Thanks all!

Mordrid

Not sure about the crafting menus, but for the Perks, go into the Character->Actor Values menu. For each of the Skills there's a Perk button. From there you can add perks and rearrange them.

-MM

Wow! Ty so much for that! I really appreciate it!

Its a UI so I bet its a script.

select a forge, see what the name of the script is and check it out.

That's what i was doing before but nothing seems to come up for it. The scripts i did see were just animation scripts and "if you step in the fires of the forge you'll get burned" script. Now, when i did a mod for smithing arrows, on the arrow object itself i put weapmaterial for the object for it to show in the respective menus. Such as, for daedric arrows, go to the ammo object for daedric arrows and add in the keyword weapmaterialdaedric. The arrows will show in the daedric tab. However, i tried to make new keywords for forsworn and silver and failed miserably as it keeps appearing in the Misc tab. There's even keywords already made for forsworn and silver but even those send the craftable items to the misc tab. I have to be missing somthing basic but im just not seeing what it could be.

Thanks for your reply though! I do appreciate it!

Mordrid

This is really making me frustrated. If you load the Penitus Oculatus armor under the keyword "armormaterialimperiallight" it will show up under smithing in a menu for imperial. If you put Imperial Light Boots under the same keyword, it disappears all-together. Im about to have a conniption fit over this! Anybody have any idea wth is going on with this?

Thanks