FPS Issues

Crygreg

This mod won't help you I think, again, textures don't really change performances except for some minor micro stutters.

So, I still don't know what GPU you have but if the 12255 GB represents your VRAM (GPU memory that stocks textures etc etc) then it's a reaaaaaally high end one and you should have no problem getting at least 100FPS everywhere on full ultra.

Graphical drivers up do date ? If not, you might want to try updating them.

It showed me this, I don't really know :D My RAM is 16 GB.

The Graphic Driver is up to date and I have Fallout 4 with Geforce Experience on optimal settings. But even that didn't help.

Ingame is the problem. At the main menu and loading screens I get easy (without Vsync) over 900 FPS (phew...) and (with Vsync) 60 FPS constantly. But Ingame it lowers like I described it at the start post.

The CPU is probably the Bottleneck. Fallout 4 runs a lot through the CPU, instead of the GPU. A good graphic card does not mean much

It also depends on the number of cores, performance per core etc etc, it's pretty complex, the number of cores is indicated by the x2 / x4 / x6 in the name of teh CPU, x4 means 4 cores, for an Intel CPU, 4 cores would be good for F4, i'm not used to AMD CPU's but they tend to have less performance per core so 6/8 would be the equivalent.

Try to install MSI afterburner and check with it if any of your GPU or CPU runs a 100%, bottlenecking teh rest of your system, there's plenty of tutorials on how to setup this software to show you what you want.

And I guess you gave me the total available video memory for your GPU, meaning that it would i guess be a 4GB GPU, so a middle range GPU (I don't know the specific model so i'm not sure), knowing how F4 is really badly optimised, it may just happen that your GPU struggles to keep a stable framerate in this game.

Edited by dendonflo

I've got the configuration tool and it says that my PC has 4 cores. So I#ve got "iHWM..:" something xD to 4. But even that didn't help (was some time ago, even before I wrote this topic).

I'll try with MSI Afterburner and report it here. If someone has anothere ideas, please write it down here. :)

I've got the configuration tool and it says that my PC has 4 cores. So I#ve got "iHWM..:" something xD to 4. But even that didn't help (was some time ago, even before I wrote this topic).

I'll try with MSI Afterburner and report it here. If someone has anothere ideas, please write it down here. :smile:

Have you tried the mod I've suggested?

Fallout 4 will use a maximum of 2 cores (but does so badly)

However, the issue is that you haven't told us (or don't know) what the model and specs are of your gpu.

As your having frame rate issues, I suspect that this is the cause, but until you identity the exact make/model of your gpu, any advice given so far is a stab in the dark until we have the complete picture.

(also, using Reshade will never help you claw back fps, and using 4k textures will degrade performance)

You might not want to hear this, but aiming for a constant 60fps throughout the entire game is unrealistic, you will always have dips caused by the game engine and the way it renders the game world, even objects that are partially/mostly hidden in the ground have the entire mesh rendered; particularly prevelant in areas like downtown Boston that are very built up. It's just the way Bethesda made the game and didn't spend time optimizing it.

Those users who claim to be playing at 60fps+ have likely removed the fps limit in their .ini file, but this causes more problems as many parts of the game engine are tied to this limit. You can do it, but you'll break your game and possibly corrupt your saves.

You might consider using the Fallout4 configuration tool by Bilago to further tweak your settings.

I'd also recommend Ultra Quality God Rays Performance Fix by SloppyPooBag for ultra quality but at low performance.

I used both of them. Configuration tool and (until I set it to off) also the Ultra Quality God Rays Performance Fix. :D

So, here's the MSI Afterburner result:

In Main Menu:

Power: 51 %

GPU Temperature: 60°C

GPU Workload: 0-2 %

Cambridge Police Station:

Power: 52%

GPU Temeparature: 70°C

GPU Workload: ~90%

Also, I'll see if there's a difference between 4 and 2 cores to use in F4.

• 2 weeks later...

If your GPU is working ~90% then it's probable that your GPU won't let you have more FPS without reducing the quality of the game even more. (It may not be running 100% because of the Vsync the game uses)

Using less cores will probably just give you less FPS by bottlenecking your GPU.