[Creation Kit] Finding Alchemy Skill Level Data

SabinXL

Hey guys,

First post on these forums, long time fan of the folks who create mods here. With the Creation Kit out I'm finally looking to start making some mods of my own for Skyrim.

For the most part I've had good success finding just about everything I need, but I'm having trouble finding some specific data that pertains to skills and how their advancement is calculated. I've been in the Character > Actor Values section of the Creation Kit, and I'm pretty sure that the "Skill Use Mult", "Skill Use Offset", "Skill Improve Mult" and "Skill Improve Offset" values found in each entry here impact how skills level (have not tested this yet).

However, I'm running into an issue here. As per UESPWiki, the gold value of a potion you create through Alchemy influences how much skill gain you get out of creating the potion. The thing is, I have no idea where to find this data. I've tried looking at scripts, objects, game settings values, pretty much everything I can get to display in the Creation Kit, and I still can't seem to find anything. So, here are my questions:

- Does anyone know where the data for these calculations are stored?

- If this information isn't stored (or can't be modified) in the Creation Kit, is Papyrus capable of scripting this kind of behavior?

Try opening the Gameplay -> Settings menu, it contains a list of variables containing data stored for parameters used in the game.

For Alchemy gold cost, I believe the variable you are looking for would be: fAlchemyGoldMult. Modifying this value should change the gold multipliers for the potions you make.

Hope this helps :)

Try opening the Gameplay -> Settings menu, it contains a list of variables containing data stored for parameters used in the game.

For Alchemy gold cost, I believe the variable you are looking for would be: fAlchemyGoldMult. Modifying this value should change the gold multipliers for the potions you make.

Hope this helps :)

Found it, thanks! I must have skimmed over it when I was doing searches in there. Is there any way you can find where the variable is being used as well? I tried the Find Text function under Edit but it doesn't seem to pull up anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...