My own idiocy?

Stephenyoh

I'm hoping this is just something simple I didn't notice.

So I was editing the way Aela the Huntress looks as I wanted to remove the war paint she wore, like I did with Veronica's hood in New Vegas. However after removing the warpaint, saving and making sure the plugin was turned on; I loaded up the game and she was still wearing the warpaint. Can anyone help me with this?

You might test and see if this is a savegame memory issue. Savegames record a lot of information, and sometimes they remember how things were before you added a new mod. To test this, you can start a new character or have a character who has never been in the same cell as Aela the Huntress go meet her and see what she looks like.

You might also go back into the CK and verify that the edits you made to Aela saved properly and that she still looks the way you want her to.

You might also go back into the CK and verify that the edits you made to Aela saved properly and that she still looks the way you want her to.

When you're in the CK and editing an NPC, the last tab allows you to see what the NPC looks like with the attributes they have... in addition to confirming that your changes saved properly, it might help to go to this tab (called "Face Anim Preview") to see if the tattoos are actually removed.

Edited by SabinXL

This is a problem with this version of the CK. Changes to face change don't seem to take effect .

Via Fergal

"Here's a technique that helps when modifying an NPC from the base game.

Edit a NPCs warpaint face gen etc

Click OK

In the Object Window, find the base Actor you've just edited.

With the Actor(s) selected, press ctrl+F4. Click "Yes" when prompted to export.

This will create a DDS and a TGA in ...\Syrim\data\Textures\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Skyrim.esm

Note: The TGA is not really neccessary, as the DDS should be uncompressed.

With these textures in place, run the game and test your NPC. Note that the plugin changes need not be saved.

"

Also search first before posting.

Edited by gengrimm