Restoring Deleted Objects?

JayElleBee

So I made a stupid mistake. I was working on a building in the CK when I decided to swap a wall piece I'd already put down with a different piece. However, when I went to delete the first piece, I instead deleted the second piece from Object window because I hadn't selected the original wall piece properly.

Now I can't use the second wall piece (specifically RifRmSmSingleCorOutL01). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CK but when I opened it up again, it was still saying the object was deleted. Is there any way I can fix this?

What you should have done in the first place was "Ctrl + z" but you are past that, now. Remember that for the next time. Uninstalling/reinstalling the CK won't help you. All the info that changes the game is in your mod. You should have either reloaded your mod without saving (if you had saved recently) or done what I first suggested.. Anything other than that is outside my area of expertise.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Accidentally deleted an object from the object window instead of cell window. Effectively removing benches from all of skyrim... :facepalm:

The item shows up in the Object Windows with *D now.

Undo (ctrl-z) did not work on such a delete operation.

How do I tell my mod not to remove this object?

Found it.

Open CK (don't open your file).

Under Open, choose your data file and Details...

Find the items marked with "D", and hit delete. They will be marked with an "I" that means "ignore this when opening".

For me I had to ignore all the DweFurnitureHighBench01 items (the one i had deleted), as well as a blank entry that just said "FURN".

After that the *D was gone from the object window.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having an issue of the opposite effect, some of the items (trees, mountain rocks, birds nest, etc) are re-appearing in my mod after ive deleted them. In the original plugin file (esp) this doesnt happen, but I loaded the esp into TESVsnip and saved it as a master file (esm) now those items are showing up in game when they shouldnt be, but not showing up in CK. I went through the details list, marked everything that had a D next to it for ignore, still nothing. I've even right clicked the exterior cell name, chose edit, ticked the "Hand Changed" box, still nothing. Any ideas?

I'm having an issue of the opposite effect, some of the items (trees, mountain rocks, birds nest, etc) are re-appearing in my mod after ive deleted them. In the original plugin file (esp) this doesnt happen, but I loaded the esp into TESVsnip and saved it as a master file (esm) now those items are showing up in game when they shouldnt be, but not showing up in CK. I went through the details list, marked everything that had a D next to it for ignore, still nothing. I've even right clicked the exterior cell name, chose edit, ticked the "Hand Changed" box, still nothing. Any ideas?

As TesVSnip isn't without flaws at the moment, I would not recommend using it at this time.Perhaps you should use the .esp again.