Creation kit is loading my modded texures ?

LegendXz

I have no idea why this is happening . Instead of loading the vanilla skyrim texures since all i have checked is the skyrim esm and the update esm (i have tried using it unchecked as well) its just loading the textures from my data folder . This included faces , bodies ,landscapes pretty much everything . This is causing a lot of errors due to the size of the downloaded textures . I have also had a few crashes due to it not being able to load texures . Im really wanting to start on some major mods but i keep running into errors . Anyone know how to fix this ? I checked my creation kit ini and the archives loaded where all the vanilla skyrim textures nothing else so i have to idea why this is happening

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but I hope this helps:

The order in which stuff (like textures) is loaded is:

* Official bsa's (registered in Skyrim.ini)

* Loose files

* Custom bsa's (like the ones from the workshop or the HD DLC, they are loaded through esp's)

When there are conflicts the last loaded texture wins.

So if you've got unpacked textures (either installed through NMM or manually) in your data folder they will override official textures.

So uninstall any texture mods in the data folder and it'll load the official textures.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but I hope this helps:

The order in which stuff (like textures) is loaded is:

* Official bsa's (registered in Skyrim.ini)

* Loose files

* Custom bsa's (like the ones from the workshop or the HD DLC, they are loaded through esp's)

When there are conflicts the last loaded texture wins.

So if you've got unpacked textures (either installed through NMM or manually) in your data folder they will override official textures.

So uninstall any texture mods in the data folder and it'll load the official textures.

Hmmm interesting i have played oblivion , morrowind , fallout 3 , and fallout nv and it had never done this that i can recall . In game i know how the texure loading works but in the ck i thought i should just load from the official skyrim bsa's since i only have the skyrim esm check . Am i wrong on this ?