Convert NPC to spouse

oldtrk

I need help converting a Follower (NPC) to a spouse. I don't want to lose the NPC as a follower, but you can not always take them with you. Some followers, when released will vanish. As it is now, I store the follower in the original location of recruitment, but I always worry I will lose them as I have in the past. I can not marry them (which would solve the problem as to storage), because they can not be wed. I know you can have anyone agree to marriage, but once inside the Temple of Mara, they will lose their follower status and you have a blood bath on your hand. This has happened to me several times, good thing I had several saves. I currently have an "Ancient Vampire" (RefID 00051844) and she is very dangerous, she is great to have along, and I don't want to lose her. She has the ArchMage outfit on, with muffle boots, and the Mage Circlet to inhanse her powers. Her prowess in combat is awesome. I have already had to go back to previous saves to get her back. I have tried locating her BaseId, but can not verify it (maybe 00033883). Tried rewriting charector thru "Skyrim NPC Editor " to no avail. Tried inputting "addtofaction" to no avail. Tried Turnfriendlyfaction, to no avail. Tried to give her a name so I could reprogram her, no clue how to do that.

Found her in "Haemar's Shame Cave," I think the Ancient Vampires only appear for upper levels (not sure).

Question: Can a mod be written to allow marriage without the temple of Mara ceremony? I think this is the only way around it, because taking her into the temple was a HUGE mistake. She killed over 20 people in Rifton, and refused to have anything to do with me.