Want to become a modder?

kennyimpala

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be happy to do something useful. I'm getting a grasp on how the level editor works and am starting to feel confortable with it. I am well versed in C++ and the object orienteted paradigm and understand the Papyrus syntax. My 3D modelling skills are laughably bad, so I can't contribute much there and I'm not much of a writer. Though both problems I've tried to solve I've met the "native" functions controlling it.

College is not too hard at the moment, but anything like tests, exams or assignments nearing their deadlines will be prioritized before this -- trust me, this ain't going to be a real problem anytime soon. I consider myself a quick learner and will try to help newbies whenever I can too. I have really long "weekends", as I don't need the programming lectures on monday and the Cisco lectures on thursdays are useless to me, I have to read the stuff anyways, so it's just a waste of time that coudl be spent sleeping.

What means are used for communication? I prefer instant messaging over voice as I have no microphone and dislike talking over the internet. I prefer any programs with easy changing of fonts as i'm visually impaired, Steam is an example of a program failing at this.

Edited by GisleAune

I'll be happy to do something useful. I'm getting a grasp on how the level editor works and am starting to feel confortable with it. I am well versed in C++ and the object orienteted paradigm and understand the Papyrus syntax. My 3D modelling skills are laughably bad, so I can't contribute much there and I'm not much of a writer. Though both problems I've tried to solve I've met the "native" functions controlling it.

College is not too hard at the moment, but anything like tests, exams or assignments nearing their deadlines will be prioritized before this -- trust me, this ain't going to be a real problem anytime soon. I consider myself a quick learner and will try to help newbies whenever I can too. I have really long "weekends", as I don't need the programming lectures on monday and the Cisco lectures on thursdays are useless to me, I have to read the stuff anyways, so it's just a waste of time that coudl be spent sleeping.

What means are used for communication? I prefer instant messaging over voice as I have no microphone and dislike talking over the internet. I prefer any programs with easy changing of fonts as i'm visually impaired, Steam is an example of a program failing at this.

be sure to register, if you have registered already let me know I will grant you to a higher position.

http://skygen.editboard.com

(nvm I already saw your username)

Edited by kennyimpala

I'm interested, minimal modding experience, I've spent many hours though planning out mod systems for Skyrim in the last few months. I definitely want to learn more about the modding process and I'd love to do it as part of a team. Let me know how we can get started!

I would like to learn!

I know some 3d studio max (not much blender at all though)

I dont have PhotoShop, but I have worked in textures and skinning for LoL in paint.net

I'm in school for game design so I have classes for the 3d design and I know some programming in C++ and a little java, though my java teacher was not much of a teacher (aka waste of money on that class).

I personally would to do some 3d modeling but im not that amazing at it.

Since a lot of my classes are on concepts and theory of games I'm a great idea person and I LOVE creating story and mechanics, things like full GDDs and stuff.

If I can be any help please let me know! I would love to be a part of something, especially this modding community, I didnt play Morrowind so I missed all the mods there and everything but I was heavy into using (not making) mods in oblivion so I have been around the modding community for a bit.

Btw I think its really great you are so openly willing to help and teach! A wonderful opportunity!

Thanks

im looking to mod skyrim. i can model in 3ds max. about 5 years experience. i used to mod gta 3, GTA: VC, GTA:SA but that got boring after a few years. im looking to model mostly weapons, armor. im currently making a sword called " RED QUEEN" from Devil May Cry. heres a pic. thats about 30 minutes of work, normals are still pretty messed up. should be done soon with the model. if anyone wants to get it ingame let me know.

im looking to mod skyrim. i can model in 3ds max. about 5 years experience. i used to mod gta 3, GTA: VC, GTA:SA but that got boring after a few years. im looking to model mostly weapons, armor. im currently making a sword called " RED QUEEN" from Devil May Cry. heres a pic. thats about 30 minutes of work, normals are still pretty messed up. should be done soon with the model. if anyone wants to get it ingame let me know.

OK seems like we are back and running.

many thanks to myrmaad.

I will try to edit the main post in a couple of min.

thanks =)