Want to become a modder?

kennyimpala

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i might be interested. But id like a little proof before i join if possible. Our maybe an opinion. I have a mod i did myself. My first one besides the companion one (just about anyone can do took me a few minutes. It adds feathers to chickens (got someone to re texture and modify the hawk feathers to match the chickens.) I am wondering if possible if there is a way to activate the chickens and the feathers are added to the players inventory. Since killing them will get you a bounty. Any help at all would be great. I did follow the tutorial on how to make a message pop up. It works on chickens. Though it dose not show that the chicken can be activated. It works how ever so i know you can click on them and the message pops up but is there a way to click on them and feathers are added to the character with a little notice in the corner telling you. Any help suggestions and anything really would be great. I will happily join cause id like to mod and stuff like that. But id like a little proof and this is something i have been having trouble with. I am a complete noob as well.

Thanks is advance for any type of comment you can leave that may help our prove to me this cant be done!

So i might be interested. But id like a little proof before i join if possible. Our maybe an opinion. I have a mod i did myself. My first one besides the companion one (just about anyone can do took me a few minutes. It adds feathers to chickens (got someone to re texture and modify the hawk feathers to match the chickens.) I am wondering if possible if there is a way to activate the chickens and the feathers are added to the players inventory. Since killing them will get you a bounty. Any help at all would be great. I did follow the tutorial on how to make a message pop up. It works on chickens. Though it dose not show that the chicken can be activated. It works how ever so i know you can click on them and the message pops up but is there a way to click on them and feathers are added to the character with a little notice in the corner telling you. Any help suggestions and anything really would be great. I will happily join cause id like to mod and stuff like that. But id like a little proof and this is something i have been having trouble with. I am a complete noob as well.

Thanks is advance for any type of comment you can leave that may help our prove to me this cant be done!

Dear MastaWizard, I am not asking you to join if you do not want you, hence I do not need to provide any proof on anything, if you want to join, just join.

We do help most members that require help, but we do not have the time to help every single member separately, we in fact teach people with little to no modding experience how to get started and join team projects.

if you have questions you can consult our stuff..... but the "I need proof" part just seems totally sketchy and very rude to me.

proof for what?

if you need evidence that we do indeed help people you can either consult other members in our forum or you can simply ask someone in the chat upon registering, also you can check and read every single post in this topic to find testimonials.

good luck.

Actually that seems quite simple enough.

You've already made the Feathers (cool!) so:

In the Creation Kit locate

Actor / EncChicken Which is based on the ChickenRace and has 93 instances so it's the one we want.

Notice that it already has a "Death item" which is what you want to replace with your new "chicken feathers"

Then go to Items / Leveled Items

And you see that right now the chicken's death item adds a chicken breast (food item) to the player's inventory.

You could now either add a new leveled item (chicken feathers) or replace.

Either way you will have to add your new Leveled Item

Leveled Item tutorial

At this point you will add your new leveled item

click on DeathItemChicken

Click Edit and

then add feathers to the ID

so that it is now DeathItemChickenFeathers

Click OK and then you get a popup that says

Create New Item?

Click YES to CREATE A NEW Form.

Now if you haven't already done it you have to add your chicken feathers as an object.

I would model it on the hawk feathers ...

Let me know if you need more help

(I wasn't finished when a nice glitch submitted my post)

Well I'm still half asleep so proceed with caution, but that's the general idea.

lol i made the feathers a death item, and he wants to harvest the chickens without killing them. :whistling:

Told you I was still asleep. and by the way I'm not a tutor at the site lol so don't get too worried.