Want to become a modder?

kennyimpala

I am currently experiencing a problem, that a lot of people seem to be experiencing also.

after the battle for whiterun (stormclock), enter the throne room, and there are no scripts triggered, therefore there are not dialog scenes, guards usually do not attack, and once you have killed everyone and render the jarl inmovil to surrender, the marker updates stating that he must surrender. His surrender however does not occur, you are immobile cannot attack nor sheath your weapon, and there are no dialog options, nor they occur.

This seems to be a problem happening to a lot of people, and I want to fix it.

I am certain with the logic as that there is a trigger failing, most likely a condition not met. removing such condition would trigger the even thus fixing the problem.

I have looked in the ck, and I haven't found any triggers for cwsiegeobj including the one that triggers the script.

another problem that usually arises is the jarl not being exiled. this seems to happen by the same problem again a condition not being met (dormant)

suggestions are welcomed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ... interested, but cautious.

I'm in the beginners category. I've made housemods for myself in Morrowind and Fallout3, I used to do some retextures for Mount&Blade but have completely forgotten everything. I've been building in Skyrim CK using the tutorials a bit, to build myself a new house, finding it very frustrating due to the very irregular architecture and dungeon statics, but I've got to the stage of setting up mannequins and wall-plaque weapon and shield mounts, haven't attempted weaponracks or bookshelves yet. My scripting for ES is entirely confined to copying scripts for various display cabinets that were made for Morrowind, so, non-existant. I have a project in mind, fairly simple I should think, but beyond me at present, that would require making one simple new item, with a series of slightly different textures, and adding them into the CK (i.e. an alchemy jar mod), of course, it could be expanded from there with sorting scripts and the like if people had any suggestions. I have been considereing posting in the requests, but I don't really like to request things without being able to offer something back, and it would be better to learn things myself, I'm just not sure where to start.

There are two problems:

1) I don't have any extra programs for editing and the like. I used to have a very old paintshop which I learnt to make icons and sigs in, but it has long since run out of copies and I don't even know were it is. This computer came with something called Corel PaintShop Photo ProX3, which I've never used, seems to be mostly for photo effects. I'm not sure what I'd be able to procure in the short term, but I doubt I'd be able to afford Adobe products.

2) I've just started back at university after a few years absence, and won't have an enormous amount of time (uni, unfortunately, takes precedence to modding). I could probably handle one fairly small task a week, but I couldn't do one a day. I would be glad to do small tasks for others, but would also expect my own requests to be taken on, within reason of course (they arn't generally very ambitious).

If these limitations can be accomodated, or improved, I'd very much like to be included in this little community. It seems you have a lot to offer; I know I have a lot to learn.