Trigger generic dialog via script with NPC ref?

H3X1C

Hi I have got a mod that already gets your current follower ref and I am wonder if it's possible via papyrus to trigger them to say some generic dialog such as a compliment or something positive. This at all possible and if so how? Thanks

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Say_-_ObjectReference and https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=SayCustom_-_ObjectReference if the dialogue has keyword, like some comments have if you check companion quests.

I'm using both and they work perfectly. Keyword is better since it works for all, with Say() you have to select topic, and each companion has own topics but "shared" keywords if that makes sense. But if you want them to say topic that has no keyword, you have to use conditions, for example GetIsId == CurieRef and then Say(Property) and that property is "CurieIdles" or something. Otherwise you might have Preston trying to say Cait's line(but he can't say it because he isn't Cait, so nothing happens) etc, but with keywords that doesn't happen.

So, if using Say(), you want something like this in your script:

If(FollowerRef == PrestonRef)
   Say(PrestonIdles)
elseif(FollowerRef == CurieRef)
   Say(CurieIdles)
etc etc...

But if using SayCustom(), you can just do this:

FollowerRef.SayCustom(CAT_Event_DrinkAlcohol_Topic) ; just example
Edited by vkz89q

If I remember right, some vanilla dialogue is done like that, ao or something comments. Like when you step in to USS constitution ship, the trigger has function SayCustom(keyword). So yes, it should work fine. Then, when you have made your dialogue for each companion, just remember to put conditions there, like GetIsID == PrestonRef for Prestons lines etc.

Check quest AO_Comment_Dialogue and select Player Dialogue and you see how it works.

If you don't want to make your own lines, you can also trigger any keywords already in game if they have suitable dialogue for you.

Edited by vkz89q