Custom Race + Custom Armor

deedes

Heya,

I had put this up in the Bethesda Forums and had not gotten a single reply - and since there were only 15 new views I guess the Beth forum is too crowded to have a conversation like this...

Orginal post there:

My modding team and I wanted to create our own custom races, which should get their own meshes for the vanilla armor.

When strolling through the CK there were a few things which made us realize that this would not work correctly, as our .esm would override and clash with any other mod editing an armor form.

So I wanted to ask if there was any way to still use this feature without breaking the armor forms while not adding new items and scripts.

Its quite sad, that the armor forms are linked with the armature data forms like this.

Bethesda actually came up with a really neat system - but overwriting files just destroy the benefits of the whole race specific model - adding system.

So yea. I wanted to rise awareness that when you edit a race entry in the Armor data you will have to compromise with the errors it will cause: Entrys in the armor blocks from the .esp/.esm files will definately override each other.

IF we wanted to use this feat, we would have to merge all esm/esp with changes to the vanilla ARMO blocks somehow. Somewhat like a Bash patch.

~deedes