Any mods that allow you to move workbench?

yzerman19

Place Everywhere will let you move the workbench. There is a special object mode that can be enabled using the INS key to toggle it. At least that's how mine works.

Huh, I never realised that. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't often need to move workbenches so I currently don't have Move That Workbench installed, but the one in County Crossing is horribly in my way. Curse that compulsion to build the biggest settlements in the smallest spaces :laugh:

I should have added that the special object mode should be used with caution. When it's enabled, it's easy to grab something that you don't want moved (such as a vanilla wall or building)...which is I suspect is why it's disabled by default.

Place Everywhere will let you move the workbench. There is a special object mode that can be enabled using the INS key to toggle it. At least that's how mine works.

Huh, I never realised that. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't often need to move workbenches so I currently don't have Move That Workbench installed, but the one in County Crossing is horribly in my way. Curse that compulsion to build the biggest settlements in the smallest spaces :laugh:

I should have added that the special object mode should be used with caution. When it's enabled, it's easy to grab something that you don't want moved (such as a vanilla wall or building)...which is I suspect is why it's disabled by default.

Yeeah well as far as I remember that applies to Move that Workbench as well. I think it was possible to store the workbench in that exact same workbench. Not sure what you'd do then, except reload a previous save i guess.

• 3 months later...

I would suggest not moving the workbench.

Im curious as to why you shouldnt ??

As long as its still in the cell there isnt any issue.

Ive seen people (newbies) even disable the workbench and settlement still functioned...

It seemed to corrupt the save/settlement in which i did that. Preferred to be safe.

The one in sanctuary seems to be more of a problem than most, I recently was playing around with both mod, place anywhere, and console move of it, it moves fine but when you save then load the game, now on the workshops tab in the pipboy it shows as commonwealth rather than sanctuary hills, and it will no longer move to the location when doing show on map, nor will it allow supply lines or people to be sent there, it is not grayed out in the list it simply is not there.

It could be a problem with my setup but it is only recent this has started happening, the mod I used to use to move the workbench no longer even works, you go into build set the place holder, it shows the workbench where you place the marker as you go out of build mode to set the placement nothing happens.