Best Vanilla Weapon??

Cracktower

Ok, Someone tell me if there is a better weapon than the weapon that I forged BEFORE adding on enchantments from other vanilla sources.

I maxed out alchemy and enchantment on my character so I could do this.

Made Potion Of Fortifying Enchanting which made enchantments 15% better.

With this I did the following to enchant the lightest stuff available to me at the time:

Tunic

Bracers

Ring

Necklace

With each item I drank the Fortify Enchantment and added Fortify Smthing to each one.

Usually without the potion you would get 25% smithing, but with the potion it jumps to 26% (per item)

So when I go and smith a Deadric Warhammer it is 79 damage. Which is normal being there is no fortify forging.

With the above items (which is all the items you can fortify smithing vanilla) and then a Fortify Smithing Potion at the grindstone

I made it to 176 damage.

Now I know with all the enchanted armor/boots/ etc..etc.. You can add on extra 2 handed damage, but what is the highest

vanilla anything after this above process before adding on from said above?

Edited by Cracktower

Not sure about the value, but the highest you can get is using 4 items with 29% smithing + a 147% enhance smithiting potion.

Could you explain this process on how you got it that way?? I would really like to know....

You just have to repeat the "Fortify Enchanting-Fortify Alchemy"-cycle a few times. That's all.

There is another way to get unbelievable high amounts of damage:

Even more powerful enchantments can be achieved by using an exploit connected to Fortify Restoration potions. The potions will increase any Restoration effect on an item, including Fortify Skill enchantments. By taking a Fortify Restoration potion prior to equipping Fortify Alchemy and Fortify Smithing items (or by taking several Fortify Restoration potions, since this exploit works on potions as well) you can increase the Fortify Smithing and Fortify Alchemy enchantment strength on items. Because the effect stacks with each potion taken (by un-equipping and reequipping the apparel after each potion taken), you can increase these enchantments exponentially and make exponentially more powerful Fortify Enchant potions with the Fortify Alchemy apparel.
Taken from http://www.uesp.net/...ting#Optimizing .

I've seen a video on YouTube where someone used this method to kill an ancient dragon with one punch only. Here is one example:

. Answering your question with one value only isn't really possbible, as you can see. ;)

The question should be, "what is the highest damage without using any exploits"

Even then the question is hard to answer. For me, Mehrunes Razor with 30x sneak bonus pretty much kills anything if I can sneak up. Dawnbreaker is bar none the best against the Draugr or vampires.

I use both unimproved because I haven't gotten my smithing high enough to get the arcane smithing perk.

The question should be, "what is the highest damage without using any exploits"

Even then the question is hard to answer. For me, Mehrunes Razor with 30x sneak bonus pretty much kills anything if I can sneak up. Dawnbreaker is bar none the best against the Draugr or vampires.

I use both unimproved because I haven't gotten my smithing high enough to get the arcane smithing perk.

Exactly!! I guess then I have achieved the highest damage before using exploits. I know you can add extra damage to your armor. Right now I have 2 daedric swords that have 203 damage with 46 shock damage and 1/2 magika damage with fire damage on one and frost damage on the other. I also have a daedric bow that does 225 damage with the same shock/magika damage and fear on it. Having the fear helps if you get caught by suprise in a cave because it stops most enemies from attacking you, they run for 30 seconds and try to hide. I know I can get it higher but I spread out the damage between one handed and archery. Don't want to commit to one single weapon. I never used archery so much until this game (Out of all Elder Scroll games), I guess I missed out on a lot of fun. The 3x hidden damage from a bow of 225 damage using daedric arrows (20 damage?) drops almost everything I hit in 1 shot, especially if I poison them!!!

It depends on the skill too, my brother forge a blade sword with a his smithing-enchanted sets

he got 216 or 215 if i'm not wrong, his one handed skill is max.

but for the highest damage weapon, well, I think ebony blade, no matter how strong your enemy is, you will always win using that blade because it's absorbing health 30 points. lol :biggrin: