CK - can't get house I created to show up in Skyrim

Nick75

I've created a house, everything seems ok within the interior cell, I've gone through the available tutorial videos & notes countless times and now I just cannot get my house to show up in the game (i.e. when viewing it from the external cell within the Tamriel worldspace after teleporting to the external side of the front door all I can see is the door I placed in the external cell...the house doesn't show up.)

I can teleport between the inside and the outside of the house without any problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

<br>I've created a house, everything seems ok within the interior cell, I've gone through the available tutorial videos & notes countless times and now I just cannot get my house to show up in the game (i.e. when viewing it from the external cell within the Tamriel worldspace after teleporting to the external side of the front door all I can see is the door I placed in the external cell...the house doesn't show up.)<br> <br>I can teleport between the inside and the outside of the house without any problem.<br> <br>Any help would be appreciated.<br>
<br><br>while trying to figure out this same problem with another member I came to the conclusion that interior objects need to be placed in a interior, exterior objects in an exterior.<br><br>make sure the house you have created is coadjacent with the ground if it is an exterior, if it is an interior in other words you shouldn't experience this problem.<br><br>you can't place a house in for example AAAtest world space, as it does not correspond to the (skyrim world map), therefore the only way to create your house is to create it in the skyrim world map, otherwise if it is an interior, then you must create it in an interior cell. Edited by kennyimpala

<br>I've created a house, everything seems ok within the interior cell, I've gone through the available tutorial videos & notes countless times and now I just cannot get my house to show up in the game (i.e. when viewing it from the external cell within the Tamriel worldspace after teleporting to the external side of the front door all I can see is the door I placed in the external cell...the house doesn't show up.)<br> <br>I can teleport between the inside and the outside of the house without any problem.<br> <br>Any help would be appreciated.<br>
<br><br>while trying to figure out this same problem with another member I came to the conclusion that interior objects need to be placed in a interior, exterior objects in an exterior.<br><br>make sure the house you have created is coadjacent with the ground if it is an exterior, if it is an interior in other words you shouldn't experience this problem.<br><br>you can't place a house in for example AAAtest world space, as it does not correspond to the (skyrim world map), therefore the only way to create your house is to create it in the skyrim world map, otherwise if it is an interior, then you must create it in an interior cell.

Thanks for the replies,

@Sunnie: It was just a door I placed in the external cell

@kennyimpala: Incidentally, can I just say...I eventually realised that the area where I was trying to place the house was in a navmeshed area. I take it you have to avoid any navmeshed areas when placing buildings of any sort?? (Sorry for any noob questions, but this is my first mod) So I don't know if that was the reason?? Now I've gone and deleted the navmeshed area thinking that would solve it, which has now brought me a heap load of even worse problems in that I can now no longer get the game to start...

Anyway, further to what you say, I was trying to place my house within the actual Tamriel worldspace, in a wilderness cell. Area of land seemed suitable, i.e it seemed flat enough etc. I don't think I really had any object inside the house which could be classed solely as exterior. I had some smithing stuff in there, but that's ok for indoors isn't it?

edit: and sorry, that last post of mine with no text was posted by mistake :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies,

@Sunnie: It was just a door I placed in the external cell

@kennyimpala: Incidentally, can I just say...I eventually realised that the area where I was trying to place the house was in a navmeshed area. I take it you have to avoid any navmeshed areas when placing buildings of any sort?? (Sorry for any noob questions, but this is my first mod) So I don't know if that was the reason?? Now I've gone and deleted the navmeshed area thinking that would solve it, which has now brought me a heap load of even worse problems in that I can now no longer get the game to start...

Anyway, further to what you say, I was trying to place my house within the actual Tamriel worldspace, in a wilderness cell. Area of land seemed suitable, i.e it seemed flat enough etc. I don't think I really had any object inside the house which could be classed solely as exterior. I had some smithing stuff in there, but that's ok for indoors isn't it?

edit: and sorry, that last post of mine with no text was posted by mistake :rolleyes:

yes just make sure that if you are doing interiors (ex inside of house) you do it in the interiors section or your load will fail

the outside of the house can be done in tamriel.

nobody is an expert so no worries.

I am making a house as well finished the inside, I just have to add in a bandit or scavenger to it. Anyone know how to do that?

very simple look in your left panel

where it says actors. look for the name of the actor you want to add, drag and drop.

make sure to add navmesh for bots to move, otherwise

they will stand still like idiots.

you can autogenerate nav meshes but I do not recommend that outdoors, only indoor

So will navmesh, or things such as trees for example, prevent a house from being situated in a certain spot, or would you have to delete both the navmesh & the trees first? Does my house require very flat, level land to be situated? And the red markers...do I have to place my house's door where they're situated?? Sorry for noob questions!