Scripting help

OminousVoice

I dont think you need to check if the player has the perk, 'caus he wont gain it again anyways.

so 4 lines should do

Scriptname AddThunderPerk extends ObjectReference

Event OnRead()
 game.GetPlayer().AddPerk(ThunderPerk)
endEvent

This is what's bugging me. I tried a near identical script a few days ago (with debug.trace included) and it still wouldn't work.

Hm. You might try to give the perk through other objects first like some stationary with OnActive events. If those wont work either, something is preventing it.

I do have some other problems with removing spells. Although it SHOULD work, the character still has those spells avaliable ...

Perhaps some global scripts we dont know ...

Try this... Event OnRead(Actor "actorName"). You might have to add the "actorName" to game.GetPlayer("actorName").

A side note. Do leave the check when you compile the script at least that way you know it works. When you finish the mod just take out the check.

Edited by ctzto

I think the problem is that the OnRead event isn't being called when it should. In fact none of the various events I've tried have been called either. I think the source lies elsewhere, perhaps a global script or something that's stopping events from being called and thus preventing the script from working.

Well, I gave up on the book. The script wasn't being called no matter what event I used. In the end I modified it and attached it to the chest the book was in. Works like a charm now.

In any case, thanks for all the help offered. I appreciate it.

Edited by OminousVoice