DAO Mod Manager

oldtrk

I haven't played DAO in a long time. I just bought the ultimate edition because it has all the DLC's, which I have never played. So I have to reload, but I just noticed Nexus Mod Manager does not work for DAO. Hmmm. is there a reason? The two mod managers for DAO available are not easy to work with, in fact years ago I never got it working properly. Any suggestions?

Mods for the DA-series come in many more forms than the NMM is currently able to handle. It may get there someday, but not today. None of the other Dragon Age "managers" really do the job that players would expect from something with that title. They just understand the folder structure and file placement for certain carefully packaged collections of things.

The game's built-in DAUpdater.exe handles .dazip files. That's all it understands.

DAModder (DAM) handles mods that are packaged as a .dazip, or a .zip that can be treated as if it were a .dazip.

DAOModManager (DAMM) handles .dazips, and .overrides (but not .zips).

None of them handle anything else, (stuff that isn't loaded in the "\addins" folder) which means they don't handle most of the mods that are made.

[EDIT: Technically, DAMM handles .overrides, but that's such a small category that it can be ignored. If your're using any of those, you probably have a good understanding of how to make things work. :laugh: ]

This is partly because DA actually has pretty liberal rules about how mods can be made and deployed into the game. Basically, you just need the right filename and you have a mod that the game will recognize! :thumbsup:

Might get some useful pointers here: Using Dragon Age Mods for Dummies.