Creation Kit hell...

Ok, for all of you mod masters here this will be a redundant issue, (point at newb and lol), heh heh but for me this is exasperating. I have used CK before to open other mods to "get a feel" for how they are made so that I can use that for my own mods but not anymore apparently.

Today, 5-18-17, early this AM I get up and with some me time (finally) I threw myself into CK to change 1 bit of a current mod i'm using to build bigger and then WAS going to work onna simple 1 shots mod of my own.

Well, that didn't happen. Emphasis on that was up there is because I have spent the past 5 hrs. trial and error-ing my way thru CK to see exactly why it will not work at all. It loads fine with a 2GB pull to start and run. Normal. (16GB available)

I open Data files, FO4.esm, others. You know the routine. It will let me load small rooms and outside small to medium areas but anytime i try to load large things it crashes. Even does it on small and medium size things at times so its an equal opportunity crasher.

Its only pullng 2-3GB memory to run like it always has but now it just will not run right at all.

I have read and implemented dozens of possible online suggested fixes today and NONE have worked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, CyB

The CK wont load up at all, or things like world spaces, interior cells, and items?

If the CK wont load at all it's probably because it needs updating. Or could be net speeds. (Had both of those issues myself)

If world space/interior cells wont load, or crashes. It could be a memory issue.

I'm learning to mod, myself. I have made so many as i've been learning, That i've filled up my C: Drive completely lol. When i have low memory my CK is so slow and sluggish and crashes.

Try to move some mods to your second driver (if you have one) and run them from there.

If none of these things help, or your issue is something else. It could be your PC running some background programs.

Most of the time when my CK has been a pain. It's been either net speeds dropping out or memory.

Hi Craw25,

No it will start. Basically I can fire it up, it loads all 3 main windows plus the CK frame window no problem. I then do the load routine. FO4.esm and then other mod for example to run. It goes thru the process of loading but it mostly crashes now on damn near everything like world spaces, interior cells, and items. Occasionally I can get somethings to load but eventually they crash too.

Weird thing is I have 16GB of ram and CK only pulls 2-3 GB max. Just can't figure it out. About to give up completely.

Well, imma see about your idea. I'll try anything at this point.

Thanks!

Try loading just the Fallout4.esm and nothing else.

Also you might want to repair your Fallout 4 installation. Run a verification on it - see what happens.

You can also delete the fallout4.esm then verify it to make sure you get a clean version.

Also -does the mod you are loading have any masters or other dependencies?

Edit: You might also try and update your graphics drivers... just in case.

Great suggestions Skeriphin & Deathmotif. I will give those all a try. I'm starting to think that Win 10 prolly screwed it up a bit too. I remember in Win 7 it worked much better. Oh well, live and learn,ya?

Thanks

DeathMotif,

Either i'm doing something wrong or it just ain't supposed to happen but it will not show up under FO4Edit (xEdit) at all. Could it be because all mods are in Data folder and CK is in Fallout folder, (Data parent folder)? Imma try a trick and see what happens.

Nope, not an esp file so won't scan it. Screw it. Who wants to mod anyway....sigh lol

Wow, what a dunce I was there. Read your idea wrong or somethin'. "Nope, not an esp file so won't scan it." DER!!!

Scan the mod not the CK you mook. heh

Long night. Did scan mod, no issues. CK just hates me now.

Edited by Cybordania

Okay. I have one last idea. Just remembered something.

Back when i first started to use the CK. It just stopped working too. Nothing was working. It wouldn't even load any of the windows of the CK.

In the end I un-installed it and re-installed it. And it worked after that.

I was up late working on a new rifle, so totally forgot about that.

Give that a try and hopefully it'll sort it out for ya. *fingers crossed*

Don't give up with modding. I was getting so frustrated in the beginning with the most smallest things. But i carried on. Now i'm onto nifscope and making new assets. :D

Craw,

did that about 12 times so far. I ain't quitting just hit the frustration wall I guess. I will figure this out. Thanks for all the help though. I appreciate it more than you guys will ever know.