Enhanced Combat Difficulty/Realism

Nenquel

Enhanced Combat Difficulty/Realism

As I lack the skills to create this mod by myself (I tried and failed), I am posting this request here:

I think Skyrim is pretty easy, even on Master Difficulty. I long for a "Hardcore" Mode and this is what I think it should look like: (sorted by importance)

- Stamina Cost for more actions (normal attack, successful block, jumping and taking damage - each of these would exhaust you in real life)

- Chance to Miss an Attack with low skill (I don't think you would hit with every strike when you see a sword for the first time)

- No passive health regen, Potions/Food heal over time (i dont regenerate just like that... at least not in a few minutes or hours...)

- Greater Differences between armor classes (you should feel in combat, that you can take more damage with heavy armor, and move/attack faster with light armor!)

- AI improvement: No shouts or drawing bows in close combat (nothing but free blows for player), enemies should bash with weapons as well, not only with shields!

- Carry Capacity Rework: Passiva Stamina Consumption when running [>>] (like vanilla when sprinting[>>>]) dependent on the weight of your inventory. (example: As soon as you carry more the 50 lbs you lose stamina when running, effect doubled when 100 lbs, exponential growth of consumption)

- A succesful Block makes you lose NO health but stamina instead.

- Greater speed penalty for carrying a lot / using heavy armor (that stuff is heavy!)

- Chance of being disarmed when blocking without a shield (there is some real power acting when two swords hit!)

- Hunger & Sleep (12+ hours of fighting are exhausting!)

- Weapons Speed and Range adjustments (greater penalty for wielding slow and/or short weapons!)

- No HUD, low health indicated by reddish vision, low stamina by blurry vision/uncrontrolled shaking of camera

- Melee Hits Should Interrupt an Archer's Bow Drawing (C'mon, do you still hold that arrow, when a sword hits your shoulder?!)

- Dual Weapon Speed Fixing, Faster alternating blows (left right left right dead), allow movement when using both weapons simultaneously (why would you stay still doing that? stupid vanilla..)

- Skill Tree Rework: make "Blocking Slows Time" master-perk, weapons cannot paralyse but instead disarm or knock down, no sprinting attacks, armor cannot weigh nothing (min 50%), not all dual cast destruction spells should stagger (max 50%).

PLEASE make this happen!

If nobody is willing to do it, please refer tutorials to me, so I can learn to do it myself, all of it!

Feedback is welcome!

Thanks!

EDIT 14.02: Grammar & Carry Capacity Rework

Edited by Nenquel

I like all of it except the screen tint/shake for statuses. I hate it when games try to disorient me.

Oh, wait, and the carry capacity thing. I very often find that I can't even explain why I'm overencumbered, in the current game.

Edited by Linsolv

I like all of it except the screen tint/shake for statuses. I hate it when games try to disorient me.

Oh, wait, and the carry capacity thing. I very often find that I can't even explain why I'm overencumbered, in the current game.

You may be right about the screen tint/shake, but I don't see any other way to remove the HUD but still show your low stamina.. ideas?

But the carry capacity really has to go down! You are probably carriny a Bow, a weapon, a set of armor, loot of the same kind, tons of ingredients and potions, plus maybe a few dragon bones? that's ridiculous!

Really appreciate the idea.

Make it happen pls :/

Vanilla Skyrim is kinda booring when it comes to fighting... its like, Hit, Hit Hit, Hit -> Dead.

And you are like: Bored, Bored, Bored, Bored -> Ouh jear loot!

MFG: LunaWolve

You may be right about the screen tint/shake, but I don't see any other way to remove the HUD but still show your low stamina.. ideas?

But the carry capacity really has to go down! You are probably carriny a Bow, a weapon, a set of armor, loot of the same kind, tons of ingredients and potions, plus maybe a few dragon bones? that's ridiculous!

Here's what I would do, if it were me.

For stamina, you have an audio effect. Start with the sound of breath, then ragged, and finally labored breathing.

For health, there I would allow SOME disorientation, in the form of a slight wobble that begins around 50% health, then gets steadily worse. The whole time, though, it's very steady and not "shakey," but more like you're woozy.

• 8 months later...

Most of what is requested here can already be gained from existing mods.

Try a combination of Requiem, Frostfall and a needs mod (such as Imps Complex Needs).

This combo gives you hard combat and realistic wilderness survival.

Edited by Galrukh123

Try Skyrim Redone(reworks most everything, including making potions heal over time, not instantly, redoes most skilltrees/perks/powers/races/etc. in the games to make the over powered ones less powerful and make the underpowered ones more usable, tweaks all armor and weapons in the game as well), Frostfall(total survival mod, makes it so you can't wait outdoors or fast travel, and it makes it so the cold can kill you, and getting wet through falling in water/getting caught in the rain speeds up the process, while the more armor you wear, and even the type of armor you wear slows down the process Totally Configurable as well), Total Realism(Makes it so you need to sleep, eat, drink, cook food) , Deadly Dragons(effects not just dragons, but nearly every nameless enemy in the game, totally configurable), iHUD(removes compass + other tweaks to hud), Locational Damage (Makes it so that hits to the feet and hits to the head DO DIFFERENT THINGS, hands down one of the best combat mods ever made. Every spot on a humanoid enemies body does different damage and has different effects based on location.) Combat Damage Multiplier (Simply makes EVERYTHING do more damage)

I normally play skyrim vanilla on master and find it easy, and I'm forced into adept playing with all these mods turned all the way up, and I still die pretty often.

Edited by ArtMurder