[REL] Better Honeyside

Mercami

When playing my thief in Skyrim I fell in love with the player home in Riften, Honeyside. There were a few things that bothered me about the home though. The biggest being that outside the home in Riften there is open space below the door, yet inside below the entrance there is the enchanting area that couldn't fit there.

So the mod started out as a fix for that and a way for me to get a feel for the new CK. As I made it I thought of more things I would like to change so it became a mod that alters nearly everything in Honeyside.

The location of every room has changed, but the upgrades function as normal and you will still need to buy them. The decorating guide in game hasn't been altered.

Alchemy Lab is now the Enchanting and new additional Smithing room.

Kitchen is now the Alchemy Lab.

Master bedroom is now the Kitchen.

Guest bedroom is now the Master bedroom.

Enchanting room is now the Bathroom. (Upgraded with bed room.)

The Guest bedroom is in a new location. (Upgrades when you become Thane of Riften.)

I've tested the mod as best I can if you find any bugs please let me know. I replaced the Navmesh by hand to fit the new rooms so NPC's should be able to navigate the house. I did run into one problem while modding, no lights with shadows will work. So none of the lights in the home will cast shadows. I hope to fix this later when I find out why the bug is happening.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9885

I learned a lot from this little mod and all the :wallbash: problems I encountered while making it. I also got to work with the new navmesh. Now on to working on my Dark Brotherhood mod! Where I get to learn all the new quest features. :)

Edited by Mercami

A few people have tried this mod so far, but one person who got it is crashing to desktop when they try to enter. While testing the mod I had a problem with crashing in an earlier version, that I thought I had fixed.

Would anyone be willing to test this and see if they can find what might be making it crash?

The person with the crashing problem got it from the steam workshop. I don't know if that might be causing it. This is the first mod I've ever released so I'm not experienced at helping people with mod problems.

Edited by Mercami

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a problem, i have purchased honeyside by "setstage freeformriftenthane 200" code, because a bug cannot complete the thane quest.

now i have the honeyside but without the stuff like bookcase, fire, and other.

I tryed to talk with Anuriel to buy something but did'nt appear the dialog!!!

So i Tryed to download the mods "better honeyside" "proper honeyside" and "collector honeyside" but no one works...

what i can do???

sorry for my english i'm italian lol!!!