Added weight

Palpenious

I've been having a strange problem with weight being added to my character when I sell things. I first noticed it when I tried to use the duplication glitch to sell a bunch of soul gems and each time I would gain the weight of it, so I thought it was just the glitch having a weird effect with a mod or something. However I am now noticing that if I drop everything I have equipped that carries any weight, I am still showing something like 135/255 for my encumbrance. It seems to be just on the custom races, but I haven't looked too far into that. I also don't have any mod installed that alters the weight of any object or encumbrance or any aspect of the PC, that I know of. I would greatly appreciate any type of feedback, and hope this is something that can be fixed even if through console commands or the editor. Thanks in advance.

Currently using:newest OB patch

300ft crime det.

A real IC house

All clothes,etc. SI

Acidon_item cost fix

Action figs s. 1 (awesome)

Actors in charge

Adonnays Elven Weap.

alt. loading tips

Imperial furniture store

Apachii goddess store

Arena gray prince-no murder fix

ayleid coin add-on

ayleid firinga

ayleid meteoric weapons

battledress

beautiful people

better sheogorath

book jackets

borderless cyrodiil

cf-improved barter gold

clocks of cyrodiil

clothing value

cm partners (+ all add-ons)

collectible t-shirts

dandD portable hole

defensive staves

divine swords

dlc battlehorn

dlc SI

efg addpose

ES book club

eshmes bodies

flying camera

fw drop gold

get wet

gold coin bagger

gp lockpicks

kd circlets, dwemer specs, witches frock

ki vamp eye/hood addon

kt custom race fix

kvatch aftermath

magic orrery

map markers

masks

master sword dx

new magical staves

pek painting exchanger

personality idles

potable pastiche

qaz finger snap animation

rise of a samurai

seductive idles

silorn manor

sins expanded light armor

slofs bracelet, goth shop II

standing JOJO

streamline

tamriel VWD

tamriel glittering geology

visually enchanted

za bankmod

.. yeah, I know it's a lot. Sorry if this is just a stupid thing to ask but it really sucks, I had a crash a long while back and had to reinstall everything. Now I'm trying to get my main character through SI again, and I have to keep checking my stupid encumbrance every time I sell something. Anyway, thanks again for any ideas anyone has, I wouldn't be bothering you if I wasn't completely clueless and frutstrated. Thanks

Ok, in the last few hours since posting this I've been screwing around with a new game trying to figure out why this was happening. It turns out that the gold coin bagger mod actually add weight of .1 to your carried gold i.e. carrying 100 gold adds 10 to your encumberance. I think that's the ratio. I checked the read-me from this mod but it doesn't mention this fact, so if there is not already a post associated with it, and anyone else has had the same problem, there you go. Otherwise I guess I'm just a big idiot.

Ok, in the last few hours since posting this I've been screwing around with a new game trying to figure out why this was happening. It turns out that the gold coin bagger mod actually add weight of .1 to your carried gold i.e. carrying 100 gold adds 10 to your encumberance. I think that's the ratio. I checked the read-me from this mod but it doesn't mention this fact, so if there is not already a post associated with it, and anyone else has had the same problem, there you go. Otherwise I guess I'm just a big idiot.

Was actually one of the first places I was going to tell you to look. You might want to look at the scripting within that mod to change this.

Otherwise, just using something from console like "player.modav encumberance -100" might be worth trying. Or you could just download one of those mods that just increases how much can be carried based on strength. Technically, you can go as high as 5-6 times normal limits without making burden/feather completely useless.

I tried the gold coin bagger also. It killed my frame rate wherever I dropped a pile of gold. 2 piles and everything went to slow motion. Great idea, poor implementation.

Thanks for posting back, it seems as long as I put the gold in a bag/box it takes up no space in my inventory, so I won't worry about it anymore. I'm just not sure if it was this mod (gold coin bagger) or the bank mod that added weight to it, I was just really confused since neither of them mention it in the readme. But, since no one else seemed to have that problem, again, I just won't worry about it.

to bben: yeah, I saw that on the comments linked to the mod. My fps is already unusually slow, so I probably won't even attempt to decorate my house with gold. Which sucks, since that was basically why I got this in the first place. I wanted an Overlord style treasure room. Oh well, can't complain too much as long as Oblivion still runs! Thanks again for the help guys.

Archived