The Ascended Gods

vathelis

Now, I'm sure I'm not well known here, but I've recently come to the conclusion that I wish to get started with modding Skyrim. The project I wish to do involves quite a bit, though I intend to take it at a rather slow pace, if necessary. My own issue with this sort of project is that I have no experience working with modding, though I have a decent number of designs and plans to implement. I have posted several bits and pieces of my work (In the form of writing, simple visual designs, etc.), which I intend to implement in a mod, though I would need the assistance of others with more experience in various fields of modding.

I intend to post more information here, regarding what I would like to create, but for now I do not have the time. If anyone would like to contact me regarding this, leave a post here, send me a message, or add me on MSN ([email protected]). I would love to take any questions, comments, etc. regarding this project.

As promised, I will now rattle off a list of things I would like to implement into a major mod for Skyrim, and then go into further detail below the listing.

A whole new world consisting of 11 nations across 7 continents

A whole cast of new characters, including major world leaders for each nation

A unique guard for each nation, including unique equipment

A legion of books, so to speak, which would rival even Skyrim's own in terms of numbers

Several unique planes that the player can travel too containing everything from gods to elementals to demons and angels

Many unique weapons and armor for the player to potentially obtain

Over 5000 years worth of history and lore

I am currently working on creating the lore books... That's a simple enough task that I can handle on my own...

I am writing the lore

creating the books

writing the character profiles

designing the city and nation layouts

designing the guard equipment

and by designing, I mean I'm planning... I don't have any modelling or world building experience in the CK... I would appreciate it if someone could come onto this project with me to assist with such things.

@Vathelis

I know quite a few mods for past games that tried to do this sort of thing. The most ambitious by far is MERP or Middle Earth Roleplaying Project which started early Oblivion and is still in its early stages - it has the worldspace and heightmaps done, but for everything else they've only gotten as far as The Shire and Bree. Now they're converting everything to the Skyrim engine. If it took this long to make that with the size team that they have, then TES VII might be out by the time you finish this even with a team.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but just a heads-up.

I know it's a big project. I've been told numerous times, and I was able to figure it out on my own, though I appreciate the responses. I don't have a set deadline, and even if I can't find anyone willing to help, I will be continuing the project and releasing the bits and pieces that I finish as I go along, even if I can't make the world, I'm intending to create a central hub that will let players access everything that I am able to make.

I'd also like to note that I've finished building the layout for a Bolyan Palace, and will be releasing it very soon, along with the central hub. If anyone has any suggestions or requests to be implemented, I will try to take them into consideration when building any of my locations. Due to the varied races and areas in Dalynaia, there will be things from across a wide range of designs, so I will be learning to build everything from human architecture to orcish or draconic, so almost nothing will be left out.

I appreciate the suggestion. I am currently learning what I need as I go, rather than trying to learn it all at once. In my experience, if I blow through all the tutorials around and then try to do my own thing, I will have forgotten the majority of it anyway. This way of doing it, rather than learning it all at once, is currently the best option for me. I would like to note, though, that I have already learned some things other than just object placement. That can be seen, to an extent, in Azabiel's Chest.

A perfect example of 'Slow and Steady wins the race' although this really isn't much of a race... Good luck on getting things going.

Since you seem to be rather new AND unwilling to give up (a rare thing nowadays) I suggest tweaking your release plan.

Instead of creating random items to give to players on your hub, think about possible links between your planet world and Tamriel. Say you want Nirn (the planet that the continent of Tamriel is on) and your planet linked somehow (for example a portal deep in a cave) then you could begin to immediately expand on your own ideas in an exponentially quickening pace that you set. So if the portal in the cave links to your world, you could have the player enter through the portal and arrive on some small island. You can then slowly build up that small island and its inhabitants then its quests and slowly build just that area. When you're done with the island, release it and take on a bigger project, the large island that the indigenous peoples of the first island originated from and you can expand the quests and areas and the story of their problems.

Each release you do can create more and more depth to your world and slowly intertwine the very fate of the planet and the player with little hassle and a nice workflow.

For this, the very first release I'd advise you to do is the cavern without any quests. Just put in all the creatures and a large, closed portal at the back. The second release you could get to know the quest system and have the player contact mages and work to open this portal. The third release would be the first major project as it would involve that first island I mentioned earlier. From there you'd know the CK front and back and can crank out more at blazing speeds.

• 2 weeks later...
If I may ask, how is it going? And by that I mean your modding skills, how they developed. It just seems great to me to follow a fellow noob (if I may say so) in modding while he struggles to create an epic project (a bit like myself). And by the way, you say over 5000 years of history and lore; that must mean you are a creative person, who has been with this "world" for a long time (again, like me -don't mistake that for my modding project-). And yes, I am a very curious person.