dug up Sims 2 again

zegh8578

"The (damn) Telephone Game"

on the back of the box, and in the booklet, should be exciting explanations

"The (damn) Telephone Game! Get your house, move your sim family in, get your telephone, and talk with your fictious friends all day! Miss work, because people call you to tell you what a terrible person you are!"

im not even exaggerating - the _moment_ i hang up... the same exact moment... i even noticed that the hang-up animation wasnt even finished playing out, he was still in the process of hanging up the phone - and the same person i spent 3 in-game-hours talking to, called me up, to scold me for never ever calling him, for then instantly to be followed by a message saying he was no longer my friend, and all this with a very snarky attitude

the guy goes "would it kill you to make an effort?"

the box message goes "a little effort goes a long way"

long way!? that wasnt even a quarter of a second!

a three hour telephone conversation resulted in a quarter of a second friendship...

this was ONE friend.

in order to advance anywhere, you need like 7 friends, every one of them calling non stop, each one calling you up as soon as you hang up the phone. ive found that the only way to advance in the game is to employ a "family secretary", that is, a character who lives purely for sitting by the phone, chatting to people all day, and preferably into the night (i always make sure to call someone at 23:59, so to fully utilize every second of the game. even then the same person will stop being my friend during the night)

have fun with The (damn) Telephone Game!