Druids and Shapeshifting

zigurd88

man thats an excelent idea!!! great video! i would loved to be able to shape into bear,lion,cat,wolf,mammooth,snake and maybe some animal for the water? or amphibian like seal or sea lion. and the most cool of all a flight form...anything from eagle to even a dragon if that is possible.

How about making the animals forms based on skills like 2 handed-bear, one handed-Sabrecat, sneak-Owl (Flight form), and a horker form for the water.

Something like that.

I wanted to make a new perk tree that branched into 2, one being shapeshifting and summoning or a tree that branched into 3, one being defensive. offensive, and sneak.

But as of right now, you can't male trees. Kinda lame but there it is.

Anyway, whatever you do, I'll be keeping up with this.

Good idea!!

• 5 months later...

Might wanna take a look at: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15045

Yours is still a good idea. But lets see... to trump Master Shape Shifter, you should make your shape shifting into Powers, using the c (or wait, I think its z and I just changed mine to c so it'd be like Oblivion's casting). Instead of the long two handed spell you've got.

Add variety. Make a bunch of animal forms and variations then make any one character get 4 different forms at complete random (almost complete random. One should be a faster creature, like a horse, one should be an attack creature , like a sabercat bear or wolf, one could be something useless but fun like a Hare or Chicken, and if you can then one should be flying)! Then, everyone who plays it will have a different/slightly different experience and all the Druid characters will feel more unique, winning immersion points. The idea is its a druidic experience and the spirits choose you, not you choose them.

Bear, Sabercat, Wolf, Horse (Superawesome bonus points if you can make a Follower mount you while in horse form), Slaughterfish, Mammoth, AND! You should look at the mod that lets you become a dragon (Flyable Dragon Race or something like that, not the Master Shape Shifter) and the Flying Mod Beta or something and puzzle out how to make Owls, Hawks, Eagles and what not.

Then I think a Druid Shapeshifting mod would beat out Master Shape Shifter.

It'd also be nice if you can just tap the Shout key again to turn back... With Master Shape Shifter I have to use the console to enter Bat R to shift back. And sometimes it doesn't want to go back...

Edited by Cipherthe3vil

This is a great idea, I dont know how lore friendly it is (or if that matters to you). I would like to see the different forms have their own abilities, like for the bear, a growl (shout) that sends the enemy fleeing in terror (fear). Frostbite spiders could infect enemies with venom, stuff like that. Cant wait to see the finished work. Were you thinking of a druid race or just new spells that anyone could use? I personally think new spells would be better because more people would use it imo