ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Problem with the Creation Kit. PLEASE HELP

Falkner1992

Ok, I've been toying around the Creation Kit but I've already run into a big problem: I can't add dialogue. I followed Bethesda's dialogue tutorial to the letter (the only thing I changed was the location of where I put the NPC) but the dialogue still doesn't appear in-game, everytime I click to talk to him, he just says 'hi' or something, it doesn't even show the window where you select dialogue.

Now I remember from the Oblivion CS that you actually needed to add topics (either through scripting or some other way) to make them appear in-game, I wonder if that's the problem here, because nowhere in Bethesda's tutorial do they show that step). If I am right, please tell me how to add topics, the CK is so different in so many ways from the CS, I'm just overwhelmed.

Thanks for your time

Edited by Falkner1992

If you followed the tutorial exactly you should already HAVE topics, the dialogue view editor creates them in convenience.

Wait 24 hours ingame, give your save time to register the quest you created.

Tried it, still not happening

Only other thing I can think of would be you set a condition on that topic that isn't being fulfilled, meaning that topic does not show up. I also don't know what happens if you have no condition on your topic (Logically it would apply to anything you can have dialogue with, but alternatively it could not activate at all)