"Could not match desired Fullscreen mode

MaxYasgur

A few months ago Morrowind worked fine with my intel intregrated graphics. Then I got a Overclocked Nvidia GTX 560 Ti for Skyrim and forgot about Morrowind. Now when I want to play it, it gives me the error message "Render Creation Error Creation failed: could not match desired fullscreen mode." And Morrowind stops.... Any ideas to fix it? :sad:

EDIT: Wow I feel stupid went to my settings and fixed resolution options. Sometimes the simplest solution is the hardest to find.

Edited by MaxYasgur

A few months ago Morrowind worked fine with my intel intregrated graphics. Then I got a Overclocked Nvidia GTX 560 Ti for Skyrim and forgot about Morrowind. Now when I want to play it, it gives me the error message "Render Creation Error Creation failed: could not match desired fullscreen mode." And Morrowind stops.... Any ideas to fix it? :sad:

EDIT: Wow I feel stupid went to my settings and fixed resolution options. Sometimes the simplest solution is the hardest to find.

I have a 1600 by 900 screen and NVidia GeForce 9800 GT. Full Screen is badly distorted and the only other options are Windowed 1024 x 768 or Windowed 1152 x 864. The latter is hidden at the bottom of the screen by the taskbar. None of these choices are satisfactory - I'd like to be able to use Full Screen without distortion, but I've been using the Windowed 1024 x 768. Better than nothing. I hope the new version of Morrowind will have better options when it is released.

• 6 years later...