Vampires... What's up that!?

JetsuSeal

TES Vampire Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do TES Vampires need improvement?

• They should be much more powerful but not over powerful.
    • Dragonborn? Screw that! Give me Alucard!
    • They need improvement.
    • They're good enough.
    • They should be removed completely.
    • They should have more passive skills.
    • They should have more aggressive skills.

Greetings.

I like being a Vampire, don't you? Well, I have a slight problem. Why are the vampiric powers so watered down? Is it because Betheseda did not want to make Vampires overpowered? That doesn't make much sense to me. Why would you add Superman in a game but remove his super speed, x-ray and heat vision and probably a bit of his super strength?

You can go any old or modern vampire movie and you'll see that vampires are either secretly vampire leading a human life or an ostensible blood shedding rampage.

My question is why do I not have the choice to be one of that but rather forced into being mysteriously known to be a vampire and as a result have a whole village constantly beleaguering me? This is utterly absurd.

Another equally grand question is why can I only feed on sleeping preys? I do even have the freedom to feast upon newly killed carcasses.

One must wonder what are the great positives components needed to balance these preposterous and injustice castigation. Surprisingly, few I would say. Vampiric Seduction? Vampiric Servant? Embrace of the Shadows, this one actually is fitting due to the sad fact this is the only effective weapon an vampire has to allow him to shamefully escape from puny mobs.

RIDICULOUS! Simply, ridiculous.

They say we are feared but we are often the ones inundated with fear. Fear of being discovered while trying to feed on a worthless villager. Fear of being burned a live in the sun.

Where is my deadly alluring castle? Where are my respected powers of speed, strength and seduction!? WHERE ARE MY TRUE POWERS!?

STRIPPED! Simply, stripped.

I want that my DLC of my true powers. Rage end.

(Story behind this rant: I turned a vampire by choice in hopes to be marveled by the new features that would be implemented. Now, I am just a stage-4 vampire who can't restore health, life, or magicka when in the sun. All while being attacked by mobs who accidentally kills one another without hope of being revived because their corpse disappears. I was stage-4 for in Whiterun and for some reason the guards protected me by killed all of the villagers whom do not respawn making my f*cking game deserted. I can't even travel to my own houses at night to Markath because the guards are fixed at the entrances. Forcing me to killed half the people to get to my house. Now two of my favorite cities are empty. Great. Just great.)

Edited by JetsuSeal

You're so selling the "shining in the sunlight" power way short. You don't even have to wear an amulet of Mara to pick up half of the young women in Skyrim.

Seriously though I think most forum goers share your opinion. Being a vampire is pretty watered down, and inconvenient with little recompense.

its generally mutually accepted that vampires in any TES game suck no pun intended, on die hard lore fans think there isnt anything wrong with them, in fact there is a number of vampire overhaul mods in there works already

Because Vampires in TES is not the same type of Vampires you see on movies with the speed, strength and all that. They're necromancer, illusionist and manilpulators with a lifesteal spell. They don't suck in general, they aren't just the sort of Vampire you expected. Vampires in TES are basically dark mages,

Because Vampires in TES is not the same type of Vampires you see on movies with the speed, strength and all that. They're necromancer, illusionist and manilpulators with a lifesteal spell. They don't suck in general, they aren't just the sort of Vampire you expected. Vampires in TES are basically dark mages,

Yeah. That doesn't make sense. Dark mages are Dark mage. Vampires are Vampires. That's how it works. They shouldn't have made a human/weak dark mage/heliophobic abomination.

Yeah. That doesn't make sense. Dark mages are Dark mage. Vampires are Vampires. That's how it works. They shouldn't have made a human/weak dark mage/heliophobic abomination.

If you were weaned on the recent vampire stories, then yes, you can have a different version of "vampire", based on romaticized vampire descriptions dating from the 1800s with Bram Stoker. Older vampire legends don't give vampires super speed or strength. In fact, ancient African vampire legends tell of vampires as creatures who suck blood, turn into black birds and summon fire and lightning. As far as I know as well, pre-European vampire legends do not give Vampires superhuman strength or speed.

EDIT: I meant pre-medieval not pre-European.

Edited by chanchan05

Greetings.

I like being a Vampire, don't you? Well, I have a slight problem. Why are the vampiric powers so watered down? Is it because Betheseda did not want to make Vampires overpowered? That doesn't make much sense to me. Why would you add Superman in a game but remove his super speed, x-ray and heat vision and probably a bit of his super strength?

You can go any old or modern vampire movie and you'll see that vampires are either secretly vampire leading a human life or an ostensible blood shedding rampage.

My question is why do I not have the choice to be one of that but rather forced into being mysteriously known to be a vampire and as a result have a whole village constantly beleaguering me? This is utterly absurd.

Another equally grand question is why can I only feed on sleeping preys? I do even have the freedom to feast upon newly killed carcasses.

One must wonder what are the great positives components needed to balance these preposterous and injustice castigation. Surprisingly, few I would say. Vampiric Seduction? Vampiric Servant? Embrace of the Shadows, this one actually is fitting due to the sad fact this is the only effective weapon an vampire has to allow him to shamefully escape from puny mobs.

RIDICULOUS! Simply, ridiculous.

They say we are feared but we are often the ones inundated with fear. Fear of being discovered while trying to feed on a worthless villager. Fear of being burned a live in the sun.

Where is my deadly alluring castle? Where are my respected powers of speed, strength and seduction!? WHERE ARE MY TRUE POWERS!?

STRIPPED! Simply, stripped.

I want that my DLC of my true powers. Rage end.

(Story behind this rant: I turned a vampire by choice in hopes to be marveled by the new features that would be implemented. Now, I am just a stage-4 vampire who can't restore health, life, or magicka when in the sun. All while being attacked by mobs who accidentally kills one another without hope of being revived because their corpse disappears. I was stage-4 for in Whiterun and for some reason the guards protected me by killed all of the villagers whom do not respawn making my f*cking game deserted. I can't even travel to my own houses at night to Markath because the guards are fixed at the entrances. Forcing me to killed half the people to get to my house. Now two of my favorite cities are empty. Great. Just great.)

I am not depending bethseda but the story said in skyrim vampires are cannibalistic being like Hannibal Lector so people hate them. Seriously seeing people eating humans you would rather stay away at them. Also being a vampire means being alone unless you join the Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves Guilds but it is so much hard for a thief being hunted down like dracula. Its like you are vampire masquerade nosferatu.

I am gonna agreed with that point that bethseda should give us more immersion or option in vampire society in this game like joining some faction for vampire having some good skills that could elude people like the vampire masquerade game being as Nosferatu. Seriously in this game they really nerfed being a werewolf. Also seeing ai vampires having ghouls to serve them like in the quest of Morthal. Wish you could somehow given some quest to corrupt and manipulate the hold to respect you as a vampire like the master vampire in Morthal.

Wish there would be some good DLC or some mods to provide entertainment of being a skyrim vampire instead of a modern vampire.

Seriously don't compare the modern vampire to a skyrim vampire there in difficult league. Skyrim vampire are cannibal and their curse is not much a curse but a disease.

Bethseda really done a good job for creating a different league of vampire but there playable immersion lead to much more frustration and also with race immersion.

Wish someone could tone a little bit the cooldown of vampire powers and race power for much more playable immersion in Skyrim like this mod did Werewolf enhancer but this mod makes werewolf overpower wish the modder would give little bit cooldown of being a werewolf.

I do miss the advantages of Stage 1 vampirism from Oblivion; the extra stat boost was quite nice as they could boosts your stats past 100.

I originally was planning to go vampire in Skyrim, but the disadvantages far outweigh any advantages in my opinion and I stayed werewolf for the disease resistance.