Wasteland Warrior

Trueform

Hi all,

I have been modding New Vegas and Fallout 3 for a while now, and I would like to take on a very large and ambitious project, but I need some help to get it off the ground. I would like to remake FO3 within New Vegas.

Q: This has been done before!

A: I know this has been done before in one way or another and there is no disrespect meant to the modders who have worked on those projects, which have been excellent.

Q: Why not use one of those mods?

A: The main reason for me wanting to do this is that it would be a lot less complicated (in the long run, at least) to have all the databasing of Fallout 3 within the NV Geck, which would make editing and compatability with other mods simple when the end result is reached. It's something I would like to say I have done and been a part of.

Q: Isn't importing FO3 resources into NV illegal?

A: For personal use, no. For distribution use and in terms of abiding to the Nexus guidelines, I do not plan on including any files found outside of New Vegas within the mod. That will all be imported by the player when the mod is finished, so players will still have to own both games. All that will be included is the databasing, so no illegality there.

Ok, well now my brief stint of Q&A madness has receded, here's my thoughts. I have experience in mapping, navmeshing and general databasing, as well as some scripting experience. I have a lot of time on my hands, and I will be working hard on this myself (I have already mapped out a few areas in the most basic way possible). I would love to have some help with this and I am requesting the aid of any modder who would like to contribute; no matter how small the contribution, it will be appreciated. Ideally, I would like the help of a scripter, mapper, navmesher, databaser and especially a worldspace..umm..er because, as you can imagine, it seems almost impossible to add that much stuff myself before I turn old and grey.

Anyhoo, thank you for your time and if you are interested, please PM me rather than leaving a note on the forums, simply because I'm going to be beavering away at the project and won't have much time to trawl through them! Nonetheless, I will try and check the forums as often as possible, but time is of the essence! I'm getting older as we speak! o_O

I hope to hear from you soon!

Edited by Trueform